• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Thursday, September 1, 2022

There is a mentality that is common among critics, reactors, and pundits that becomes irritated when they can not find faults that will justify genuine complaints.  

These people will often begin tirades against the most insignificant minutiae and wind up complaining far more loudly than if there was a real but fixable problem in the first place.

Nit picking about tiny details is a common problem with "critics" and the like, however I don't think that is what is happening here with George.  I think he just wanted any thing but middle of the road, but was changed over by Ellen's positive attitude about the game.

My impression is George has insecurities, and keeps barriers up, and feels disarmed by Ellen's friendliness and charm. It is not a context he is used to; inviting, but he feels exposed and then threatened.

I don't get why he would feel that way in the comic shop. It should be a safe haven. Both Justin and his uncle seem easy to get along with.

Elliot needs to come in the store while they are playing the game.  Watch George's head explode.  He would still want to be in on the magic loop however.

I think that George would suspect that the additional Elliot was a doppelgänger of some sort—after all, Superman and other well-known superheroes have frequently pulled exactly that trick.

13 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

And he wants to know more.

And knowing is half the battle. Another half is transfixing your enemy with pointy things or some such mechanism of destruction. And logistics, that's another half. The will to win, there's another. Training. Communications. Hey, that's a lot of halves. Must have something to do with inflation.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

I heard the battle was 50% knowing, 25% blue lasers, and 25% red lasers.

Not buying it. The cats are not intimidated by the red dot.