• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday, September 9, 2022

Comic for Friday, September 9, 2022

Reactions to Edward's announcement. Edward seems more nervous than he is normally portrayed, Tedd's reaction matters to him. Maybe Grace's as well.

Grace is immediately eager, Tedd is understandably conflicted, but seems less positive than he should be. Why does he suddenly feel 'loyalty to his mom'? Even if Tedd had a relationship with her, dad has a separate life; Tedd is old enough to fully grasp that.

And, yes, it is a conflict of interests, but they'll probably be OK, because it is in a Webcomic.

"I now pronounce you husband and ... ??? ... ???? ... space babe?"

Grace is happy.  But given her background, she often tries to see the best in everything.

Tedd is confused.  While this may be a good thing in general for dad, there are too many questions to ignore.

Edward is paying the price for procrastination.

7 minutes ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

He seems to be bothered by the fact that he doesn't feel any loyalty toward her.

Well, that sound normal to me.  She didn't show any loyalty to him, at least from his point of view.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well, that sound normal to me.  She didn't show any loyalty to him, at least from his point of view.

I agree. He may be aware that she had a valid concern for his safety now that he's seen her image, but at a gut level, many years of feeling abandoned would weigh more heavily.

14 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Tedd is understandably conflicted, but seems less positive than he should be. Why does he suddenly feel 'loyalty to his mom'?

He doesn't. He feels like maybe he should, and wonders if he should feel bad about NOT feeling loyalty to his mom.

With this coming totally out of the blue, I think he's toward the less-conflicted end of the range of confusion one might expect of him. He's had no time to get used to the concept of his dad dating, let alone getting serious about it, let alone with an Uryuom.

8 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

He doesn't. He feels like maybe he should, and wonders if he should feel bad about NOT feeling loyalty to his mom.

With this coming totally out of the blue, I think he's toward the less-conflicted end of the range of confusion one might expect of him. He's had no time to get used to the concept of his dad dating, let alone getting serious about it, let alone with an Uryuom.

All good points, we have no indication that Edward has been open about his social life, and a little hint that he hasn't been. Seems a lot to spring on everyone all at once, which speaks to why earlier openness might have been a better approach.

On 9/10/2022 at 8:31 AM, Darth Fluffy said:

All good points, we have no indication that Edward has been open about his social life, and a little hint that he hasn't been

Ed has to compartmentalize his life, doesn't he? He's privy to Top Secret information that he has to hide even from his son, he's downplaying Grace's abilities to his superiors, he almost certainly had to be discreet about his relationship with his assistant and I imagine he tried to keep a stiff upper lip about Noriko abandoning him and Tedd. He may need the therapist's couch once Grace is done with it.

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Ed has to compartmentalize his life, doesn't he? He's privy to Top Secret information that he has to hide even from his son, he's downplaying Grace's abilities to his superiors, he almost certainly had to be discreet about his relationship with his assistant and I imagine he tried to keep a stiff upper lip about Noriko abandoning him and Tedd. He may need the therapist's couch once Grace is done with it.

I'm pretty sure they all do, and he may already be seeing one. Given the nature of what they do, a therapist might be available through work.

OTOH, he could be facing, "If you need a therapist, we're pulling your clearance."

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

He may need the therapist's couch once Grace is done with it.

There are enough people in the main cast, plus secondary cast, that need therapy that a single therapist could just have them as clients and stay in business.  Of the main cast, only, maybe, Ashley doesn't need therapy. 

Hmm, other than the fallout he faces for being openly homosexual (including the friend whose gossipy sister told the whole school), Justin doesn’t seem to have the level of deep-seated trauma that the others had.

6 hours ago, ijuin said:

Hmm, other than the fallout he faces for being openly homosexual (including the friend whose gossipy sister told the whole school), Justin doesn’t seem to have the level of deep-seated trauma that the others had.

Grace, for being incredibly disconnected due to how she was raised, and how often it is said she needs counseling, is fairly healthy and balanced, most of the time. She could use a savvy mentor, but she's not clueless; some of her oddest reactions (WW II was awful) are very healthy. I'd have to go to the political thread to give your a contrast.

Sarah is pretty healthy as well, maybe more so than Justin. She has some family issues and relationship issues, but nothing I'd even call neurotic.

Luke has not shown any terribly off behavior, although, we haven't really seen him much.

Rhoda does not seem to have major issues, and has grown out of her mousy demeanor, perhaps due to dating Catalina, or due to her magic. Catalina seems to have gotten healthier as well. They might each need counseling, but nothing too invasive.

Diane seems particularly well adjusted. She may be a bit much, although she did fit in well at the party, but there's nothing a little feedback wouldn't aid. Lucy is more of an unknown, she does not appear often enough, but she has no obvious issues, now that her wanting Diane is resolved.

Ellen has issues, but is for the most part well adjusted. She might be helped with an outside point of view influencing how she sees herself. I'm curious why a relationship with Nanase hasn't provided that.

Susan is coping well overall but has some deep issues. Likewise, Nanase and Tedd. All three could use therapy, but family counseling might go further. Edward is a bit of a cypher, perhaps he just hides well.

Sam and Jay seem pretty messed up, family is a factor for Sam, but Sam does not seem very open to healing, although he now has an outlet, so that might change. Jay, we don't know enough about yet.

That leaves Elliot, mostly normal-ish, mostly OK, but prone to some very odd reactions. There are hints that whatever is going on with Elliot is deep seated. And Ashley ... healthy? Seems to cope well, but pops in and out of her fantasies a lot. I'm not convinced she's in a good place. Nor Liz, very savvy, but alienated. Something is up, there's a backstory.

Rich, of course, needs help. Larry seems to be doing OK.