• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Friday November 25, 2016

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

... hey, do you think the person who was tasked with checking Charlotte's forum will get demotion for not noticing not-Tengu? Or would the official stance be that not-Tengu was not giving enough reason for suspicion and they would just make fun from him in office?

That depends on if Not_Tengu used the same form back when Noriko fought him. Obviously Tengu was the name he used strictly for the forum and the name he was about to give was likely the one that would have been on file if they ever got a name back then, so I dunno if anyone would have thought that he'd be a threat. Of course, up until his response to Charlotte posting about Ellen and Nanase attending the party, he was apparently behaving within the forum's courtesy rules ( ;) ) so it wouldn't have raised any suspicion, and depending on how bureaucracy works in DGB (big hint here), action probably wasn't likely to be taken until he made a move.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

That depends on if Not_Tengu used the same form back when Noriko fought him.

And how well she described it.

Obviously Tengu was the name he used strictly for the forum and the name he was about to give was likely the one that would have been on file if they ever got a name back then, so I dunno if anyone would have thought that he'd be a threat.

Yup. The name which is so secret not even Dan knows it :)

Of course, up until his response to Charlotte posting about Ellen and Nanase attending the party, he was apparently behaving within the forum's courtesy rules ( ;) ) so it wouldn't have raised any suspicion,

Obviously, even that Mwuh-hahaha!!! >:D was within the forum courtesy rules. Weird, but not reason to be banned.

and depending on how bureaucracy works in DGB (big hint here), action probably wasn't likely to be taken until he made a move.

If they recognize him as international fugitive, and very dangerous one, they would likely take action. Especially considering it WAS possible to take action which would NOT be public, unlike the dragon case.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Obviously, even that Mwuh-hahaha!!! >:D was within the forum courtesy rules. Weird, but not reason to be banned.

Quite. Mind you, certain kinds of shenanigans are unacceptable. As I've already informed mlooney, summoning elder entities that wipe out large areas of civilised land will be seriously frowned on.

51 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Quite. Mind you, certain kinds of shenanigans are unacceptable. As I've already informed mlooney, summoning elder entities that wipe out large areas of civilised land will be seriously frowned on.

I'm not doing it.  It's the built-in appliances in the apartment that are doing it.

On 11/27/2016 at 11:53 PM, hkmaly said:

Hair color is less reliable than blood type, yes. But it would be interesting twist.

One problem with blood type is that it is often too compatible. Let's say that both mother and child have AO+ (which is just about the most common combination out there after AA+ ). Literally ALL paternal blood types other than BB are compatible with such an arrangement, therefore about 85% of all men are going to match on a blood-type test.

21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

He would certainly also checked Charlotte, if not for the fact that with her forum, she likely already has file in DGB. ... hey, do you think the person who was tasked with checking Charlotte's forum will get demotion for not noticing not-Tengu? Or would the official stance be that not-Tengu was not giving enough reason for suspicion and they would just make fun from him in office?

I'm not sure how close of scrutiny her forum would have been under. The internet is a big and deep place with quite a few dark pockets in it. There probably was/is someone keeping on eye on it, if it's a forum that gets indexed by search engines at least, but since it just seems to be a fairly innocuous information sharing forum that possibly includes some people in the know on the secrets of magic among the typical rumors and ghost stories there likely wasn't a lot of resources dedicated to it. Probably one or two desk agents that are charged with looking over several forums of minor to moderate significance for something untoward while adding additional false rumors to the rumor mill. Though after it comes to their attention that Not-Tengu was an active member of her forum, it's scrutiny level is certainly going to be increased.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

It's a long-standing legal principle that an individual is liable for any destruction caused by his property, whether that property be slave, beast, vegetation, or machine.

(Trying to imagine slave beast vegetation machine. Noticing the "or". Still, I think one of digimons might've qualified ...)

2 hours ago, Drasvin said:

I'm not sure how close of scrutiny her forum would have been under. The internet is a big and deep place with quite a few dark pockets in it. There probably was/is someone keeping on eye on it, if it's a forum that gets indexed by search engines at least, but since it just seems to be a fairly innocuous information sharing forum that possibly includes some people in the know on the secrets of magic among the typical rumors and ghost stories there likely wasn't a lot of resources dedicated to it. Probably one or two desk agents that are charged with looking over several forums of minor to moderate significance for something untoward while adding additional false rumors to the rumor mill. Though after it comes to their attention that Not-Tengu was an active member of her forum, it's scrutiny level is certainly going to be increased.

Well they have entire team whose whole job is to fill wikis with gibberish. So I'm sure they have someone who is spreading rumors on forums with topics like this as well, and it make sense to also monitor it for something which is NOT rumor, including unknown magic users who were not yet informed that they need to keep magic secret or else. It's true it's unlikely to have person dedicated just to that one forum, on the other hand, they likely considered it more important because it is informing about moperville where weird stuff happens even not counting what known active magic users like Nanase, Ellen and Elliot are doing.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

(Trying to imagine slave beast vegetation machine. Noticing the "or". Still, I think one of digimons might've qualified ...)

And that had an Oxford comma in it.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

By some definitions, cows would qualify.  Beasts that are used as machines to turn grass and grain into milk and steaks.

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

By some definitions, cows would qualify.  Beasts that are used as machines to turn grass and grain into milk and steaks.

Eating your slaves doesn't sound very nice though...

10 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
On 11/28/2016 at 0:24 AM, hkmaly said:

How is cow vegetation?

6 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Eating your slaves doesn't sound very nice though...

Would you rather eat servants? Or peers?

6 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Actually, you'll be a dirt eater. All those plants grew from dirt. :danshiftyeyes:

Then I am an eater of exploding stars because that's how the elements that make up the dirt were made...

18 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Then I am an eater of exploding stars because that's how the elements that make up the dirt were made...

Yes, we are star dust ...

14 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

How far back do you wish go?

Well, there was that moment where probably CP-symmetry violation caused there was not enough antimatter to annihilate all matter ...