• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Wednesday, Sep 14, 2022

Amiable Dorsai nailed it. 

It is odd to me that they would live in the dorm. You save a lot by commuting, although you do miss out on campus life. Given how many of them are going, they could easily share rides.

It could very well be cost effective to buy their own group house near campus.

Re: Conducive to story telling, I don't see a place on campus combining the size, facility, and privacy of Tedd's basement.

Unless Tedd and Grace get married, and they are too young, really, to do that, I'm not seeing the university allowing them to share a room. My bet is that Elliot will be rooming with Tedd. Or a whole bunch new characters will be introduced as the main 10's room mates.

Has it ever been officially determined if Elliot has an unnaturally high Luck attribute?

Or has he been to Castle Blarney in County Cork recently?

- - - 

What more can be said that despite how often Edward has carelessly wounded his child, Tedd still has so much love for dad?

20 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What more can be said that despite how often Edward has carelessly wounded his child, Tedd still has so much love for dad?

Edward is generally very supportive of Tedd, and affords them a lot of trust, but has a specific blind spot with gender. He doesn't even seem to be on the difficult end of that scale; he appears to accept Nanase and Ellen, and he's not a dick toward Justin. It is possible he is unaware.

He's been dad and mom to Tedd for most of Tedd's life, and if Tedd is emotionally healthy and feels loved, Edward gets a good portion of the credit.

I expect once they talk openly, Edward will be much more accepting. That is not always the case.

11 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Some colleges require freshmen to live on-campus.

I'm pretty sure that's 'most', but it is a targeted prohibition against renting a room off campus, and commuters that live at home with their folks are typically allowed. There are plenty of other exceptions; many colleges do not have facilities for married students, nor single parents. Military veterans and generally older students ('continuing education') usually have their own departments with a separate set of rules. Part time students are not only exempt from the requirement, but likely not eligible to use the dorm.

Tedd could probably get away with putting a cot in his lab and living there, if he wanted to. He probably has a bathroom and a kitchenette. He might have to use a bit of his lab budget to have a shower installed.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

He might have to use a bit of his lab budget to have a shower installed.

Most labs are equipped with a cold water emergency shower as a basic safety feature.

Hot water, privacy, rubber ducks, and a place to keep towels warm & fluffy are overrated luxuries

14 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Most labs are equipped with a cold water emergency shower as a basic safety feature.

Hot water, privacy, rubber ducks, and a place to keep towels warm & fluffy are overrated luxuries

I'm sure that Tedd could come up with some magical reason that he needed a full bathroom, complete with warm shower and lots of fluffy towels.  Or he might make a "warm shower" wand, which might be cool, err, warm.  

13 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Labs with hazardous chemicals are; otherwise, ... I don't think so? Depending on the electrical environment, such a shower could be a significant hazard.

I think using the emergency shower is tracked, and if you used it to take a shower, you would at the very least be counseled to not do it again. They dump a bunch of water, so clean-up is involved. Maybe water damage to nearby items.

And for the reasons you said, not a substituted for a shower used for cleaning yourself.

On 9/16/2022 at 0:05 AM, Darth Fluffy said:

They dump a bunch of water, so clean-up is involved. Maybe water damage to nearby items.

Having once set off such a shower, I concur that the clean-up is a royal PITA.

Edited by Amiable Dorsai