• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Friday, Sep 30, 2022

Here is.

Be interesting to see how many, if any, "Rich and Powerful" people actually have magic to the extent of being "royalty".  Of the people that we know are royalty, we have 2 high school students and a government worker that works in secret but who's main function seems to be keeping the masquerade up and dealing with supernatural/alien threats. 

Since magical use of brute force is quickly stomped upon (e.g. Not-Tengu), it would be people who built their influence via charisma. Look for those celebrities who are “famous for being famous” as opposed to having concrete achievements such as building a corporation.

I'm not getting why these guys are getting the intensely ominous foreshadowing. It seems like a lot of build up for a fairly straight forward story.

Luke can see auras. He's seen intensity, but not a crown shape, that we've been shown. He is possibly just overwhelmed.

Rhoda's, and possibly Catalina's auras had intensity. We have no indication, other than just hinted in this comic, that Rhoda has a royal aura.

Panel five, lower left, appears to be Sarah. Being as weak as she was, that seems at odds with 'being royalty'. Hmm.

So Luke is posited as the spotter, but Luke might not have the exact kind of resolution they need.

And does 'taking an aura of royalty' involve harm or loss to the person being taken from? Or are they just copying an aura?

... Who in the griffin-verse can see the auras?

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

We have no indication, other than just hinted in this comic, that Rhoda has a royal aura.

In the NP arc that seemed would never end, the unicorn said that Rhoda was royalty.  And that part of the arc, or at least the existence of the unicorn, was canon

https://www.egscomics.com/egsnp/parable-208

The question of "does someone with advantage deserve that advantage?" is old and oft debated.  However, if that being obtained the advantage without doing anything illegal then the advantage is theirs and the opinion of a would-be Robin Hood does not matter.  

If the advantage was obtained improperly, it is still not up for grabs.  It must be returned to the rightful owner or siezed by proper authorities.  

13 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

"does someone with advantage deserve that advantage?"

Generally it's due to game play or a condition of their opponent.  Of course in One D&D you can get inspiration, which leads to advantage from rolling a 1 (current rules).

Oh, wait, you don't mean in a game, but in real life...  Sorry got nothing.