• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Table Top Games in general.

A good overview of Mongoose Traveller 2nd Ed.  If you have a couple of hours and an interest in SF table top RPG, check this out.

It's a bit odd how no other interstellar sci fi RPG product reaches the staying power of Travelller. There have been numerous other attempts.

Any opinion on Starfinder? It seems to be popular locally.

17 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It's a bit odd how no other interstellar sci fi RPG product reaches the staying power of Travelller. There have been numerous other attempts.

Any opinion on Starfinder? It seems to be popular locally.

I've read Starfinder, but never played it.  From what I can tell, however, is that it's pretty tightly tied to the Pathfinder universe, just in the future.   No one in the local area has wanted to play anything other than D&D and there has been some push back vs just Spelljammer, so a wholly space going game is going to have problems.  Plus my lack of hard copy books might make for a problem.

On 10/7/2022 at 1:42 PM, mlooney said:

I've read Starfinder, but never played it.  From what I can tell, however, is that it's pretty tightly tied to the Pathfinder universe, just in the future.   No one in the local area has wanted to play anything other than D&D and there has been some push back vs just Spelljammer, so a wholly space going game is going to have problems.  Plus my lack of hard copy books might make for a problem.

We have a viable game store (sooo many have come and gone, this one has more income sources, so has been viable long term). They have tables for gaming and sell snacks and drinks, some folks run Starfinder weekly. More run Pathfinder. But there are mostly D&D games.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
fix typo

"Strange anvils lying on stones distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

Dude with the purple hat is a pervert. Just saying.

I believe there is a case for over complicating the attunement rules, making attunement variable depending on the personality of the will that imbued the spell, the personality of the person seeking attunement, the current disposition of the GM, dubious random factors, and how much the GM wants to exact some entertainment value out of the process. "You want me to function for you? Convince me you are worthy." (mandatory sales pitch ensues) "Meh, I've heard better." Points for bonding with the hot bard, rather than the warrior who can actually use the item.