• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Comic for Wednesday, October 19, 2022

What is this comic? EGS NP++? Is it canon in EGS NP? It's been so long, I don't remember ... (Checking the notes at the bottom, apparently Dan is having memory issues with his comic as well. Bunny Diane was an odd surprise until I clicked the link.)

Really, not too much dust on the old comic stream. Many go into hiatus for months or years; some permanently, TBD.

Not much to say about the comic, it's a set up recap, maybe highlighting an aspect of Diane, maybe introducing it. She has not really been secretive up to this point, mostly callously shallow and very analytical. She seems to have a fairly healthy level of disregard for convention; one extreme is stifling, the other is just wrong. She has shown on numerous occasions that she cares for others in spite of the callous persona. This 'secrets' thing seems new.

Nanase, of all people, should recognize the need. perhaps she's overcompensating.

Enough. It's just one recap comic; the purpose will be revealed shortly.

When there is something unusual about you, do you need to let everyone near you know about it?  

What is the chance it will affect them?  What is the chance it will affect them adversely?

Either way, pretending to be indifferent to oddities arround you is probably the best option.

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

We're not talking about random people around her, we're talking about her best friends, one of whom is, possibly, the love of her life. Cutting off this part of her life from Lucy is an astonishingly bad idea.

Like in Mr. & Mrs. Smith?

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Cutting off this part of her life from Lucy is an astonishingly bad idea.

I'm fairly sure that Lucy and Rhoda will find out that Diane has magic and that others have it.  Of the main 8 that go to South, Nanase and Justin are "out" as far as magic goes.

Diane's sister & her friends had already been adversely affected by magic due to extreemly tangential connections at the New Year's party.  And Diane insisted on keeping them in the dark.

Diane's plan may not be right, but it is consistant with what she has done before.

15 hours ago, ijuin said:

The title “Brother” suggests to me that we may see something related to Tedd’s half-brother Van.

That is the most likely, however there does exist the possibility of Grace's brothers making a showing.

56 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I thought the title meant a monastic order would recruit Tedd with their vows of celibacy, obedience, & silence.

*blink*  What?  Maybe Elliot with his "I am a paladin" thing, but Tedd? Ah, no.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

*blink*  What?  Maybe Elliot with his "I am a paladin" thing, but Tedd? Ah, no.

The king of denial did not suggest that the recruitment effort would be successful...

23 hours ago, ijuin said:

The title “Brother” suggests to me that we may see something related to Tedd’s half-brother Van.

The fact that this prologue/recap was about Diane suggests to me that the arc will be as well (particularly as Dan is hoping to make it a short arc, which presumably means not too many plot threads being covered at once). So I'm guessing it has to do with a brother of Diane (adopted or biological). (There's also the possibility that, in the spirit of the original "Sister" arc, thanks to sex-change magic Diane will wind up temporarily in the role of "brother" to someone.)