• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday, October 28, 2022

You didn't think enough about your plan or its consequenses to start.  Now you are over thinking matters.

You may be approaching the overall right ammount of consideration you should have given this matter.  But when you expend the mental effort makes a difference.  

And Noah, please be aware that your sneak attempts have failed so badly you are drawing attention to yourself

I really hope the Diane and Lucy don't break up over this.  The Dan doesn't seem like the type to do that however.  The only breakups we have seen weren't this sort.

4 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I really hope the Diane and Lucy don't break up over this.  The Dan doesn't seem like the type to do that however.  The only breakups we have seen weren't this sort.

I don't see it happening either.

Elliot and Sarah broke up, not acrimoniously. I'm not sure it was necessary to the overall plot, but it happened.

But Diane and Lucy seem to be permanent.

Note to Diane: Lesbians have kids. They have them in some variant of the standard way, invite a third party in for the purpose of making babies, or use artificial insemination.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Note to Diane: Lesbians have kids. They have them in some variant of the standard way, invite a third party in for the purpose of making babies, or use artificial insemination.

Plus by the time she and Lucy are ready to have kids, the TF gun will be in open knowledge, or at least spells based on it, so there is that.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Plus by the time she and Lucy are ready to have kids, the TF gun will be in open knowledge, or at least spells based on it, so there is that.

I've spent waaaay more time than any sensible person would wondering where the Y-chromosome would come from in such a union. Automatically generated? Plucked from a relative? Pilfered from a random passerby?

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

I think AD meant, whence comes the Y chromosome when a female gets transformed into a male form in EGS.

"Magic.  Don't think about it too hard"

On 10/29/2022 at 3:01 AM, ijuin said:

I think AD meant, whence comes the Y chromosome when a female gets transformed into a male form in EGS.

Well, it is possible to have masculine features (including masculine genitals) without a Y chromosome.

On the other hands one of the original purposes of the TFG was supposedly to help restore species with low numbers, so having the full range of common genetics seems like it would be a good idea...

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Well, it is possible to have masculine features (including masculine genitals) without a Y chromosome.

I recall reading something about this, the ability to react to testosterone is suppressed by a lack of some gene, right?

Here it is, Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome

Being changed by an external agent suddenly would not imply that the genes have to match. The genetics address what biological components are present during development; outside of that process (including any ongoing sense) do not have a bearing on the result. For instance, your genetic code allows for a development of two arms, but if you lose an arm in an accident, you have one arm; your genetic code didn't change. The transformations in EGS may or may not change the genetics, but it doesn't seem necessary for the transform. But if the parameters of the transform change, the genetic change might be implied; supporting a pregnancy, which says hormones will be produced for nine months, or a baseline default form change, which would also say long term hormonal maintenance is happening.

... Would the enlarge spells or shrink spells imply that the ability to produce growth hormones is enhanced or diminished? There are secondary side effects to both that are not trivial. People with high levels of growth hormone tend to have health issues and die young.

... What about inter-species mixes, like Elliot, Catalina, and Kitty's cat-person forms? Do they have feline DNA? A superset of both or a portion of each? Why do they not loose some basic human abilities, such as speech? (Plot reasons)

I think the bottom line is:

On 10/29/2022 at 10:05 AM, mlooney said:

On 10/29/2022 at 7:05 AM, mlooney said:

You may wonder how he eats and breathes and other science facts (sha la la)

Just repeat to yourself: “It’s just a show. I should really just relax.”