• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Tuesday, November 1, 2022

NP Comic for Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Chicken? Chicken? Chicken? Pfffft. Chicken!

It's alive! Or at least was, recently, the current state of the chicken has yet to be determined. Frankly, if I wanted to hide a chicken, eating it would be a good option.

The mayor, what with bribing judges and misusing public resources, is not exactly above board. This could be significant later. He's also not sharpest tool in the shed; 'security second to none' sounds rather extravagant for a 'prize winning chicken'. Also seems to jump to conclusions, albeit for RP railroad reasons; chickens disappear due to mortal men or animals all the time, security not withstanding. His world has rogues, who can get around security. His world also presumably has inside jobs.

Also, individual feathers 'go missing' all the time. The chicken yard is littered with a few, always. They didn't grow there, they fell off of chickens.

I like how Ellen uses their reaction, basically holds them accountable for casual remarks.

Well, here's hoping they can rescue their plucky charge, and don't end up with egg on their faces.

Eating the chicken is only an option if you don’t need it alive. If your intent was to ransom it or to sell it for its prize-winning qualities as opposed to its meat, then alive is more valuable.

15 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Eating the chicken is only an option if you don’t need it alive. If your intent was to ransom it or to sell it for its prize-winning qualities as opposed to its meat, then alive is more valuable.

Whump yuff samf? Hamg om, left me fimmissh thessh mooff full.

[What you say? ... Hang on, let me finish this mouth full.]

Consider the value of eating a chicken: it’s a meal for a small group of people, or a couple of meals for one person. Now consider the chicken’s value as ransom when the owner is as obsessive as the Mayor in this adventure: it is worth the equivalent of thousands of dollars, enough money to buy a hundred ordinary chickens.

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Well, here's hoping they can rescue their plucky charge, and don't end up with egg on their faces.

/me adds an entry, complete with underlines and a star, to The Book.

37 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Consider the value of eating a chicken: it’s a meal for a small group of people, or a couple of meals for one person. Now consider the chicken’s value as ransom when the owner is as obsessive as the Mayor in this adventure: it is worth the equivalent of thousands of dollars, enough money to buy a hundred ordinary chickens.

So, for the half that's left, $500.00 ?

51 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So far, I am imagining the mayor as Adam West in Family Guy.

Will this adventure be a chase for an Egg MacGuffin?

/me  And you get another entry in The Book.