• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Friday, Nov 4, 2022

33 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Here is.

Noah better have a good answer for why he has been stalking Diane. I suspect it will have something to do with Raven however.

This comic makes no sense. She noticed Noah earlier. Why did she not blow up at him then? As angry as she is, and thinking Raven was still at the school, she would have waited to see Raven and dealt with the 'stalker' on the spot.

I like how you posted this late Thursday. Hurrah for time travel! Your Chrononet link even worked.

9 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I like how you posted this late Thursday. Hurrah for time travel! Your Chrononet link even worked.

The Dan posts about 10:30-11:00 PM.  I happen to be awake and reading Discord and got his post about the new comic.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Noah, I know you previously fought a dragon.  But this time you are out of your league.

True story.

10 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

This comic makes no sense. She noticed Noah earlier. Why did she not blow up at him then? As angry as she is, and thinking Raven was still at the school, she would have waited to see Raven and dealt with the 'stalker' on the spot.

Diane's probably used to guys following her around, Noah's just unfortunate to get caught at the end of her particularly intense emotional roller coaster ride.

6 minutes ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Diane's probably used to guys following her around, Noah's just unfortunate to get caught at the end of her particularly intense emotional roller coaster ride.

Yep. But in the previous comics, she showed no reaction to Noah, appeared to be unaware of him. Today, in panel one, she appears to blow up when learning that Adrian Raven retired (which seems like an extreme reaction), the teacher takes her extreme reaction way too much in stride (I'd expect him to say, "Calm down, young lady."), expresses insecurities (To a student???), then three weird panels of Diane losing it, then in number four screaming at Noah, which has to refer back to the previous comics, since he's not in the room with her; she's seeking him out because she was aware of him all along. In that context, it makes no sense for her to be this angry now about him following her if she was so calm and uninterested before.

Not that Diane is the most stable, self aware individual in the comics, but even for her, this is a stretch. A person this excitable will be more of a Catalina, lose control in the moment, then calm down. Diane inverted that. People that do stuff like that are generally repressing something huge. If that's the plan, we have not seen the huge thing yet. "Yes, I remember your biological mom. She was half demonic."

She is also displaying some severe ADHD, which is not her usual shtick. I suppose that could be a factor.

Note that situational awareness is one of her hallmarks, but in this whole arc she is selectively unaware of her surroundings. Didn't appear to notice Noah, not hearing the new teacher, allowing her relationship with Lucy to deteriorate. There's a lot to unpack in this.

Yeah, today's comic, in general, is some what out of character for Diane.  Granted she was planing on using what ever mundane explanation the Raven had come up with for finding out she was his daughter, and was a bit upset that she couldn't get that.  She's been on a knife edged for that last couple of days or weeks (depending on how long this arc has been going on.  It's definitely more than a couple of days).  Finding out the Raven wasn't available any more pushed her off the knife.  Still not in character for her.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

... for that last couple of days or weeks (depending on how long this arc has been going on.  It's definitely more than a couple of days). ...

Yeah, there's that, too. EGS time crawls, then it doesn't? Did they have their double date with Rhoda and Catalina? 

General question, I recall Susan was younger than most of the cast. Is she in their same year group in school?

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Yeah, there's that, too. EGS time crawls, then it doesn't? Did they have their double date with Rhoda and Catalina? 

General question, I recall Susan was younger than most of the cast. Is she in their same year group in school?

Based on the "Are we all going to Moperville University?" comments in the latest party arc, yeah she's in the same age group.   

Diane's life has undergone several serious changes lately, she may even be suffering a bit of PTSD from that night at the mall. Now, just as she thought she was going to get some resolution on one of them, she had the rug pulled out from under her; I'd cut her some slack.

Yeah, the changes in her life may have changed how she responds to other changes in her life.  Hopefully she will get some resolution soon.