• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Halloween Candy

Noteworthy Halloween candy are chocolate bars, Milky Way, Snickers, and such. My fav is Kit Kat.

I have a friend that hates Smarties. I never minded them.

I hate Necco Wafers. They taste like I imagine sugared chalk would taste.

I can't say much good about candy corn, although I don't throw them away. There's a bit of truth in advertising about them, they often contain corn syrup and/or corn starch.

When I was little, we used to get candy cigarettes. I believe these are now prohibited in the US as 'marketing smoking to kids' - so you have to give out actual cigarettes now. Also, they weren't great.

Candy Corn=Semi edible wax.

Smarties?  Tasty, but don't produce the advertised effect.  

Necco?  Why bother?  

Bought a few bags of fun-size bars on clearance Nov 2 and the candy jar at work should be good through Christmas.  T-day at the least.

Not Halloween as such but I've taken to having a craving for Tootsie Rolls.  Enough so that I ordered some off of Amazon.  Should get here tomorrow.

18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Smarties?  Tasty, but don't produce the advertised effect. 

... and it seems like they should ...

Necco?  Why bother? 

Indeed, yet they are perennial, have been around at least since i was a kid.

Candy Corn=Semi edible wax.

Don't go dissing semi-edible wax by comparing it to Candy Corn! I've tried flavored wax chews that were in some ways better than gum, and also bees wax with some honey still in it. Much better than Candy Corn.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

Not Halloween as such but I've taken to having a craving for Tootsie Rolls.  Enough so that I ordered some off of Amazon.  Should get here tomorrow.

I do like chocolate, but not fond of tootsie rolls; I rank then well above candy corn, but still in the disappointing category.

When I was a kid, I was not overly fond of chocolate, and when we got the various mini Hershey's bars, I preferred the sweeter milk chocolate. As an adult, I much prefer dark, about 70%. I've tried higher, and it tastes too bitter to me. I generally avoid milk chocolate, although I do like Kit Kat and Andes Mints.

I also like nuts, but not in my chocolate. Not a fan of Almond Joy or bars with embedded nuts. Rice crisps are cool, though, like in a crunch bar.

Not really a Halloween treat, but Lindt Intense Orange and there one with hot pepper are good. Neither extra overwhelms the chocolate, just adds a dimension of flavor.

My absolute favorite chocolate thing, when I can find it, is chocolate covered ginger. The ginger does overwhelm the chocolate.

Also not really a Halloween treat, more of an Easter thing, Marshmallow Peeps rival Necco Wafers for 'worst candy'. They are, however, fun to put in coffee and narrate their demise. Especially if you have kids. Or, "Hey kids, you, too can participate! Give your parents cause for concern about the sociopath they are raising." Got to keep them on their toes, so they don't get complacent.

I also like Atomic Fireballs, enough that I've purchased a couple of bags for myself over the years. This would be an occasional treat when I'm in the mood. Would avoid that quantity of sugar today.