• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Saturday, November 12, 2022

NP Comic for Saturday, November 12, 2022

Piano note pitch is based for a good portion on the length of the wires inside (also tension, which is how they're tuned, and some of the low keys are weighted with a wire wrap). Things that are called 'pianos' that are diminutive, like toy pianos, are generally not pianos. Every size reduction by 1/2 should shift the notes up one octave. this sounds like a reduction of two octaves, so you could still hear it and recognize the tune. The mechanical constraints of the tensioners and frame would be questionable, but these could have been compensated, left thick enough to do the job.

Alternate materials is a possibility, but steel wire is used for a reason, able to be put into tension and not fail. Almost any other metal will be subject to eventual metal fatigue. Titanium should produce an even higher pitch.

So, are Fry and Leila are implicated in the abduction? It is not the new school year, so not October, therefore no Oktoberfest, so no.

I'm going to guess that George is not a fan of The Chicken Dance.

Why would a chicken need a bed at all? Was Mirabel possibly a person transformed into a chicken? Not used to perching?

43 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I'm going to guess that George is not a fan of The Chicken Dance.

George, despite being a grump, is an intelligent man.  He therefor doesn't like the chicken dance.  A proceeds B.

The bed & magic piano were gifts from fans of the chicken.

They were not bribes to curry favor from the mayor.

The mayor did not use town funds or resources to obtain them.

Yep.  Honest gifts to the bird from honest fans.

Unless, of course, someone kept the receipts . . .

Also, a toy that resembles a piano in sound but only plays one specific tune as the keys are struck is something our culture could make mechanicaly or electronicaly.  A sufficiantly advanced magic using society could do something similar

Just for what it's worth in 5e D&D a Rock Gnome can make a music box from 10 gp worth of parts.  Granted it stops after 24 hours unless renewed by the Gnome.  So it doesn't have to be all that complex of magic to make a piano that plays <shudder> "The Chicken Dance".

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Just for what it's worth in 5e D&D a Rock Gnome can make a music box from 10 gp worth of parts.  Granted it stops after 24 hours unless renewed by the Gnome.  So it doesn't have to be all that complex of magic to make a piano that plays <shudder> "The Chicken Dance".

The tune is not heinous in its own right, it's that dancing that makes it so.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The Chicken Dance casts a dark shadow on our enjoyment of all bird music.

Clair de Lune.

Swan Lake.

Rockin' Robin.

Freebird.

Surfin' Bird.

Turkey in the Straw.

Tennessee Bird Walk

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Freebird.

Just a note.  Don't yell out "Freebird" when a bad goth band takes to the stage unless you really want to hear a really bad version of Freebird. A Tulsa garage goth band shouldn't ever play Freebird in public.

On 11/13/2022 at 3:51 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Clair de Lune.

Swan Lake.

Rockin' Robin.

Freebird.

Surfin' Bird.

Turkey in the Straw.

Why is Clair de Lune (Light of the Moon) on the list?

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Fixed that for you.

Yeah, that's pretty much a good idea.  But it was sorta a joke that we did at the goth club in Tulsa.  Until some one took it seriously.  

There is an army cadence "song" called  "yellow bird", but I'm not seeing it being used by an airline.  It doesn't end well for the bird.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

There is an army cadence "song" called  "yellow bird", but I'm not seeing it being used by an airline.  It doesn't end well for the bird.

Yellow Bird was a hit in 1961. I'd be curious about the cadence song; if it has the same tune, someone did a Weird Al number on it.

If Stripes taught us anything, it's that anything can be a cadence tune.