• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Monday, Nov 14, 2022

In the big picture, Noah did the right thing for Diane and Lucy's relationship, but it was not his place to reveal Diane's secrets, however ill-advised. Hopefully she will see how he defused the situation and accept it graciously.

So he's probably going to spill the rest of the beans about being her adopted brother.

Diane and Lucy need to work on their relationship; there is a lack of trust both ways.

One of the (many) problems with secrets is that they rarely belong to one person alone.

Even if Diane wanted to tell Lucy everything, there are vital details involving at least half a dozen other people she is not at liberty to discuss openly.  That is at least part of the reason why Diane hoped saying nothing would work.

Saying nothing didn't work.  So let's get someone socially awkward to rattle off the embarrassing laundry list.

Noah omitted a lot of things. You have to wonder why he said, "That glowing woman at the mall", rather than something like "A lady that knew her dad when he was born".

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

It is significant that Noah omitted the name of the teacher in question even while revealing the relationship.

Given that Raven has left the school and Noah had used "was a teacher here" and said that Diane was actively attempting to avoid him, meaning that he left the school recently means that Lucy should be able to put one and one together and get Raven.

35 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Given that Raven has left the school and Noah had used "was a teacher here" and said that Diane was actively attempting to avoid him, meaning that he left the school recently means that Lucy should be able to put one and one together and get Raven.

My high school had 2000 students; we had enough teacher turnover that if I had not met a particular teacher, I might not have notice them leave. In a small school, it would be more notable. Moperville appears to have just the two schools, and is within a greater metro area, I'm guessing each school is fairly large. The length of some of the antics, like Noah and Diane's recent run, support that, as did the much earlier scenes of the auditorium. (I don't think my schools facilities were designed to hold all of us; we did a few all-hands kind of events in phases, so even that might undersell it.)

But I will keep that formula in mind,   1 + 1 = Raven.   You never know when a kid might ask, "Where do birds come from?"

Yeah, given that Diane didn't know Raven had left, and she had reason to keep track of him, it's possible that Lucy wouldn't know about him leaving.  I still suspect that Lucy is going to figure out at least part of this just based on Noah's remarks.  Assuming, of course, that Noah doesn't spill the whole pot of beans.

Minor concern; where is Noah living? I would presume he's still residing at Raven's house. Does that mean Raven is returning?

I wondered if Raven went to visit Noriko, and might fill her in on details about Tedd.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I think Raven is once again trying to sue E A Poe for defamation, libel, slander & coppyright infringement.

"Never more!"

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Minor concern; where is Noah living? I would presume he's still residing at Raven's house. Does that mean Raven is returning?

I wondered if Raven went to visit Noriko, and might fill her in on details about Tedd.

I would think that he would return from where ever it is he went.  I doubt he went to see Noriko,  but I'm open to that or him being with Wolf in Colorado.

7 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Given his lifespan so far, I would expect that Adrian Raven has several million dollars saved away in various investments. As such, he has no need to sell his house in Moperville any time soon, so he can let Noah continue to live in it until Noah graduates from university and can acquire his own place of residence.

On 11/14/2022 at 2:41 PM, Darth Fluffy said:

Do you mean returning to Moperville or returning to the school? Because we have no indication he's even left town.

At any rate this seems like a good point to mention: I saw someone speculate (on Twitter, I think) that Raven was going to go to work at Moperville University (just as the main cast start attending). Dan's response implied they were on the right track (though he didn't outright confirm anything).

Assuming he can create a paper trail,  Raven as a "younger" person might do well as a history professor at Moperville University.  We've already seen hints that Mr. d10 is going to be a professor of film studies.

If he is staying in the same community as a “new” identity, then he is going to have to use a different name in public, even if he can create a cover story that he is a nephew or something.

6 minutes ago, ijuin said:

If he is staying in the same community as a “new” identity, then he is going to have to use a different name in public, even if he can create a cover story that he is a nephew or something.

Or be "Adrian Raven Jr."

6 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

He's a Stalone fan.

His new ID will be Y.O. Adrian.

/me And you get a star in The Book

mlooney, not likely that he would use his first name as his last.  Just saying.