• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Thursday, November 24, 2022

NP Comic for Thursday, November 24, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving! ... at least, if you are in the US ... and not indigenous ... 'and this is why we can't have nice things' ...

"... but the table you are playing on had blood on it when we got it at an estate sale ..."

odds for four ones in a row, 1/160,000

I do like that Rich appears to be actually engaged in the game. Huzzah!

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

odds for four ones in a row, 1/160,000

So, within spitting distance of million-to-one, and as we know, million-to-one shots happen nine times out of ten when dramatically appropriate.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

So, within spitting distance of million-to-one, and as we know, million-to-one shots happen nine times out of ten when dramatically appropriate.

We are talking smaller and smaller fractions, so I imagine one would not have to spit very far.

I've had a 1:160,000 thing happen on my table. Party attacking an adult dragon t should have been a "deadly" encounter. 4 crits later and it was dead. Just barely dead, but dead. Given it's number of hit points and it's AC, should have been at least 3, maybe 4 turns of combat. Nope, 1st round. Didn't help it was last in initiative.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I've had a 1:160,000 thing happen on my table. Party attacking an adult dragon t should have been a "deadly" encounter. 4 crits later and it was dead. Just barely dead, but dead. Given it's number of hit points and it's AC, should have been at least 3, maybe 4 turns of combat. Nope, 1st round. Didn't help it was last in initiative.

"He just mostly dead."

46 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

"He just mostly dead."

Reduced to 0 hit points exactly.  If played that NPC/monsters got death saves he would be making them.