• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Thursday, Dec 1, 2022

NP Comic for Thursday, Dec 1, 2022

Seems like the guard had a legitimate reason for being missing.

The bard asking questions seems reasonable, not getting why it is a point of minor drama in the last panel. Kind of a, "OK ..." topic. George, who suggests it, stated early on that his character is lazy.

But it does have an oddity, which in hindsight is carried over from previous comics; the character's names are not used. It's not, '<the character's name>' ', it's 'the bard'. Similarly, in previous comics, the players refer to each other by their player name. "Nanase fell down the stairs", "I turn to Nanase (and say ...)", "My mission is to find out more about your girlfriend?" (Rich refers to the player, not to the character) ... Because , just before that, Ellen said, "You've been tasked with learning more about Nanase" ; OK, George named his sorceress 'George', Larry's bard is refered to as 'Larry', in the same comic, Nanase's character is referred to as 'Nanase', ah, Ellen addresses this issue, and George officially names his sorceress 'George'; Rich's character has not been addressed; but in the September 24 NP comic, Ellen states that they will be using their real names for their characters. Guessing this was to avoid a layer of potential confusion from the story line, "Which one was <character name>?". It feels odd, but it does read easier. As Ellen says (paraphrase), "By the time you figure this out, we'll be done."

What Larry the Bard needs to do now is to determine whether the Guard actually is sick, or just faking it as an alibi. Given that Ellen has just established that the Mayor has a Cleric whom he is willing to have heal the hired Adventurers, the possibility has been raised that said Cleric might be available to heal employee diseases in order to maintain work attendance—i.e. the Guard may have had the option of having his illness healed rather than missing work.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Given that Ellen has just established that the Mayor has a Cleric whom he is willing to have heal the hired Adventurers, the possibility has been raised that said Cleric might be available to heal employee diseases in order to maintain work attendance—i.e. the Guard may have had the option of having his illness healed rather than missing work.

The cleric as said to have been a friend not staff of the mayor.  That might effect what spells he's willing to cast for the mayor.

20 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Oh, yeah, "this is an alibi" needs to be probed.  Zone of Truth is a 2nd level spell, so that should be usable.

But they are in the mayor's home. That sounds like a spell that you can't cast within a certain range of a politician.