• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Saturday, Dec 3, 2022

NP Comic for Saturday, Dec 3, 2022

Well, that's solved. Time to pack up and go home. ...

But, since the cleric was just for fixing the fall down the stairs, he's not involved at all.

I guess "za?' means "Oh, my, this is taking an unexpected turn. I am sooo surprised.", because, face it, that never happens when running an RPG.

Yeah, the Za indicates that the PC are doing something really off the rails.  Having a full on logical theory that doesn't match up with the established by the book story line is something that happens all the time.

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Heck, I have that happen when I'm writing fiction all by myself!

Yeah, characters have a tendency to take over their stories.

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

In one instance, a character took over someone else's story.

Shared universes or fan fics will do that sometimes.

On 12/3/2022 at 0:39 AM, Darth Fluffy said:

I guess "za?' means "Oh, my, this is taking an unexpected turn. I am sooo surprised.", because, face it, that never happens when running an RPG.

On 12/3/2022 at 9:35 AM, mlooney said:

Yeah, the Za indicates that the PC are doing something really off the rails.  Having a full on logical theory that doesn't match up with the established by the book story line is something that happens all the time.

Keep in mind that Ellen's experience as a GM is extremely limited - just memories of Elliot playing with Tedd and Sarah. While I'm sure those two presented their challenges (based on the pre-2002 comics shown in those early sketchbooks, just getting the two of them to get along was a challenge), it's entirely possible neither of them was in the habit of creating elaborate theories with little relation to the planned quest.

2 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

While I'm sure those two presented their challenges (based on the pre-2002 comics shown in those early sketchbooks, just getting the two of them to get along was a challenge), it's entirely possible neither of them was in the habit of creating elaborate theories with little relation to the planned quest.

Yeah, unless they played a lot more then what we saw in the strips (which should be the case, else Ellen wouldn't have memories of GMing the game) having the players get along was a bigger issue than the quest.  Of course, assuming that they were getting along, I can see Tedd and Sarah coming up with some off the wall courses of actions.  They did it enough that Ellen has memories of adventures going off the rails enough to not hold out plot hooks and just drop them in the middle of the adventure.

Yeah, it seems like she wouldn't remember it vividly enough to be confident that she could run the game unless it was an activity they did frequently at some point.

52 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Keep in mind that Ellen's experience as a GM is extremely limited - just memories of Elliot playing with Tedd and Sarah. While I'm sure those two presented their challenges (based on the pre-2002 comics shown in those early sketchbooks, just getting the two of them to get along was a challenge), it's entirely possible neither of them was in the habit of creating elaborate theories with little relation to the planned quest.

Sarah was more hostile toward Tedd and to a lesser extent Elliot in the early comics, but significantly, early Ellen did hang out with them. Odd, if she found them as heinous as the comics portray, no?

21 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Sarah was more hostile toward Tedd and to a lesser extent Elliot in the early comics, but significantly, early Ellen did hang out with them.

I assume you mean early Sarah there.  And yeah, she did seem to hang out with Elliot a lot,like from elementary school on, based on what Elliot said when he "discovered" she was like a sister to him.  Given that Elliot was Tedd's best (and maybe only) friend, they would have been together on a regular basis.  Enough so that Sarah didn't really put up that much of a fight when Elliot invited Tedd along to go to the movies.