• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Comic for Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Diane revealing things that were not apparent in the comic, or she's hallucinating as she's passing out. Probably magic burnout; that seems to say she awakened.

One of her friends caught her in the third panel as she's swooning.

The commentary talks about the number of panels. I don't get how the third one might not be counted, it has a background and lettering, and forwards the story, even if there are no drawn figures. I do not see anything that looks like a fourth panel. Maybe Dan is referring to how he produced it or loaded it.

If running on the walls is magic, Elliot's done that as well. Does it get a spell book entry?

I'm trying to figure up what's with the background in panel one. Is that a wall in the middle of the room? It actually looks like we're seeing one of the vague backgrounds Dan likes to use when a detailed background isn't necessary, only from the wrong angle - like it was part of a stage set.

7 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The commentary talks about the number of panels. I don't get how the third one might not be counted, it has a background and lettering, and forwards the story, even if there are no drawn figures. I do not see anything that looks like a fourth panel. Maybe Dan is referring to how he produced it or loaded it.

Presumably the reason the third panel might not count is because all it has is a starburst and Diane's name. The fourth panel is even more questionable because all it has in it is the words "D-don't worry! I've got you" and no border, and both it and the previous panel are so washed out it's hard to see that they are separate (I had to look very closely to see the transition, and wouldn't have noticed if Dan hadn't brought up the possibility of a fourth panel).

15 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Yeah, my bet is that Diane is awakening.  And Lucy is the one catching her.

I think you're right, likely Lucy, could be Grace, Noah, though he left, or even Ellen or Nanase. Thought crossed my mind that it could be Rhoda, she need to be brought in to the gang. Doesn't sound like how Adrian Raven would talk (word choice). Could possibly be some random student who knows her, but that seems unlikely, story-wise. Seems logical that it could be someone she dated, but I doubt of that's the case. Choice will probably be related to her awakening for plot reasons. So, maybe this has to do with how Lucy finds out what's going on?

23 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I'm trying to figure up what's with the background in panel one. Is that a wall in the middle of the room? It actually looks like we're seeing one of the vague backgrounds Dan likes to use when a detailed background isn't necessary, only from the wrong angle - like it was part of a stage set.

Presumably the reason the third panel might not count is because all it has is a starburst and Diane's name. The fourth panel is even more questionable because all it has in it is the words "D-don't worry! I've got you" and no border, and both it and the previous panel are so washed out it's hard to see that they are separate (I had to look very closely to see the transition, and wouldn't have noticed if Dan hadn't brought up the possibility of a fourth panel).

I don't see the separation, I'll take your word for it. I think I remember you said you use a Mac; this might have to do with different graphic rendering, if that's still a thing. It used to be a big deal. Might just be brightness setting and mine being more washed out.

I used a Mac a decade ago. Right now I'm borrowing my parents' laptop; it's an HP running Windows 8.1 (I have a suspicion I'm going to have to figure out how they can keep using it relatively safely after Microsoft stops supporting Windows 8.1 next month, as it's too old to run Windows 10 and they don't seem to be in a rush to get a new computer).

My being able to see the panel transition probably has to do with the screen and settings. (Also, I leaned in close and squinted...)

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Fainting in school?  Diane, are you eating well?

And i'm not sure if i'm glad or upset the mystery catcher didn't say "Don't worry miss, I've got you".

"Don't worry, I've got you." <miss>

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

"Don't worry miss, I've got you".

That would sorta imply Raven caught her. "Miss Diane" for example.