• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Thursday, December 22, 2022

NP Comic for Thursday, December 22, 2022

I like that Rich was reasonable in this comic and made an actual useful suggestion. Perhaps he learned something while he figured that out and framed it with words. Larry was certainly not expecting that; great cringe opening based on 'he knows his friend'.

27 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sometimes I suspect Dan is not the author of anything, but is simply transcribing an alternate reality he won't let anyone else see first hand.

That's sort of true for any decent fiction author, no?

Note that Rich is still assuming that the mayor is going to think that Larry the Bard is still flirting with him.  At least that's what I take the "he'll get his own idea" means.  

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sometimes I suspect Dan is not the author of anything, but is simply transcribing an alternate reality he won't let anyone else see first hand.

There are times when I suspect the same thing of my own fiction.

35 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

We all live in a fictional world in our head that is to varying degrees somewhat off of the reality around us. That reality is represented to us as tokens in our senses that are abstract representations of the reality. Why is red 'red' in your mind? Why is sugar 'sweet'? These abstractions are useful for structuring our world view, but for the most part, they are mere representations. Why does a countertop feel solid? It is mostly empty space with interacting charges.

How much more so with human interactions? Or maybe less so, at least we know those are guesswork.

21 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I have access to a multiverse; while this gives me a lot of options it does mean I sometimes when working on a story I have to decide between multiple similar (or not-so-similar) realities.

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I have access to a multiverse

Which reminds me:

While posting one of my works on a certain site, I had the option of attaching "tags" - keywords for their search engine - to it. One of the suggested tags was "multiverses".

Plural.

I still haven't figured out why anyone would need to tag something with a plural of THAT word.

19 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Which reminds me:

While posting one of my works on a certain site, I had the option of attaching "tags" - keywords for their search engine - to it. One of the suggested tags was "multiverses".

Plural.

I still haven't figured out why anyone would need to tag something with a plural of THAT word.

Well I can see needing a plural if you are dealing with multiverses that don't cross.  MCU and DCU for example.