• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday, Jan 2, 2023

Comic for Monday, Jan 2, 2023

Diane is calm, so Noah is comfortable with telling her what is going on. He gives her the back story for Adrian Raven's departure, the events when Abraham invaded the school. In this comic, he gets as far as she has already deduced, confirming the bulk of her deduction.

In her mental flashback about deducing the events, she has short hair, and she thinks to herself that was weeks ago, from the hair, pre-party. Just offhand, her recollection of how much time has past in their setting a longer than it seemed to be. I suppose that's a good thing.

So glad the story is moving forward. Also that they are getting along, and that she is acting rationally. Whatever happened, awakening, I guess, affected her badly. Is that a thing, now?

This is seemingly a step toward confirming that Adrian Raven is meeting with Abraham. Kudos to those that called it.

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

This is seemingly a step toward confirming that Adrian Raven is meeting with Abraham. Kudos to those that called it.

I was at first reluctant to say that Raven was in Colorado with Wolf and Abraham for 2 reasons, one that he was still teaching school and 2nd that he wasn't on good terms with Arthur, who was giving the orders for the mission.  Now I'm about 80% sure that he's in with Wolf.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Ironic that he calls Abraham old, given that he might predate Abraham himself.

You are not wrong, but the scant evidence we have suggests Abraham is older. Adrian seems to favor a light blade, and is familiar with firearms; that suggests, inconclusively, that he might be from the renaissance era. Abraham wielded a heavy blade, which suggests further back.

Adrian’s familiarity with firearms may be more due to his having experienced all of the last three-plus centuries, whereas Abraham hibernated in between “missions”. Thus, Abraham has probably not experienced more than about a hundred years of active life, which is why he is “younger” than Adrian even if Abraham was born first.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Best estimate we had on Pandora's age before she reset was "at least 600." And she was approximately 200 when Adrian was born.

Putting him around 400, concurrent with the colonization of North America by various European nations. Sounds about right.

That raises the questions, 'Do elves (human/immortal hybrids in EGS) age?'  'How long lived are they? ' 'How do they avoid the boredom experienced by immortals that causes them to reset?' - Adrian Raven is not going crazy from his age. (Yet?)

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

Adrian’s familiarity with firearms may be more due to his having experienced all of the last three-plus centuries, whereas Abraham hibernated in between “missions”. Thus, Abraham has probably not experienced more than about a hundred years of active life, which is why he is “younger” than Adrian even if Abraham was born first.

I understand what you are saying, and in terms of normal human lifetime vs Adrian Ravens, it makes sense. It is at odds with how he is portrayed in the comic, the art is an older man, not a young apprentice that the lore indicates he should be, and he seems to have some awareness of the passage of time. "Hibernation' rather than 'suspended animation' may indeed be the correct term. In combat, he seemed both elderly, and experienced, and still had some youthful vigor. This again does not fit his background lore, which would have him in statue form before he could gain experience. I guess I mentally chalk it up to a half-baked idea and inconsistency in the details.

Similarly, Adrian Raven is an experienced combat veteran in a universe where magic is real, albeit uncommon. Abraham should not have been able to take him by surprise with a simple magical attack.

Overall, Abraham is being portrayed as way more competent than his lore would indicate.

According to Abraham, he tried everything that he could think of to destroy the “Diamond” (though not lava apparently—though even if the lava wouldn’t destroy it, being at the bottom of a pool of molten rock would make it inaccessible to anyone who does not have the appropriate magic to extract it). After deciding that it could not be destroyed, he decided to make it his mission to stop all of the monsters that it created. To that end, he decided to stretch out his remaining lifespan in order to carry out his mission for centuries to come by hibernating and skipping over all of the time in between “missions”. It is not known how long he spent training himself before starting to hibernate, however.

The werewolf created when Abraham created the diamond is supposed to be the one that killed Blaike.  Adrian was around 6 when this happened.  Assuming normal "apprentice" timing for Abraham and his master, that would put him 18  - 24 years old, making him just a little older than Adrian.