• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday, Jan 13, 2023

Comic for Friday, Jan 13, 2023

Diane decided to get it together, uses her deductive powers, and misses twice. Noah kind of says that she missed, but waffles inconclusively. What is he afraid of? Offending Diane again? She does have that 'I'm radiant' background again. I suppose she has an accusatory tone.

Interesting that she has definitely cast Adrian in a positive role at this point.

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Interesting that she has definitely cast Adrian in a positive role at this point.

When your options are a defender of helpless vs a homicidal wizard, it make sense to put the defender in positive light.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

When your options are a defender of helpless vs a homicidal wizard, it make sense to put the defender in positive light.

Yes, but she seems to have internalized that more positive image of him. This is new.

Diane's deductions are not completly right.  If she acts on, or spreads, incorrect info there is a possibility she could be hurt or hurt others.  The point where Noah could sweep it under the rug and hope she won't trip over it has passed.  

I recall Edward & Tedd having a similar conversation

11 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Yes, but she seems to have internalized that more positive image of him. This is new.

She knew before today that he didn't know he had made Diane's biological mother pregnant. Today she learned that he subsequently took in a orphan who seems happy that he did. She just learned that he helped defend Ellen against a wizard sworn to kill her. On the whole, he seems like a decent fellow.

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

She knew before today that he didn't know he had made Diane's biological mother pregnant. Today she learned that he subsequently took in a orphan who seems happy that he did. She just learned that he helped defend Ellen against a wizard sworn to kill her. On the whole, he seems like a decent fellow.

I agree with your reasons why Diane should trust Adrian, I don't see that it applies to her rapid shift in outlook.

Trust is a fundamentally gut reaction. You are giving logical reasons why Diane's gut reaction to Adrian has changed. People don't work that way; we can switch to the political thread if you want examples.

What would make sense, at least more than logical reasons, is that she trusts Noah (which was not her initial reaction, but she's had some contact with him and has reason to trust him, based on their interaction). She can probably tell that he is telling her the truth, or at least believes him, and is in turn projecting that trust onto Adrian, who she has not seen recently.

Her emotional response to the 'gas' situation at the school, and learning that Adrian fought a hostile wizard could be a reason; note: 'emotional response'.

She may have already decided she trusts Adrian, based on his defending everyone at the mall; indeed may have all along, but her conflicting feelings of betrayal or just plain angst masked it. She has been working on coming to terms with this logically, not particularly effectively, and circumstances let her see past her conflicted feelings.

9 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

She knew before today that he didn't know he had made Diane's biological mother pregnant. Today she learned that he subsequently took in a orphan who seems happy that he did. 

Noah being happy with being adopted by Raven tells Diane that Raven is capable of being a decent father figure. The question now is of whether he could be a father figure for Diane. She may even on some level be imagining what life might have been like if Raven had raised her.