• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday, Jan 20, 2023

Comic for Friday, Jan 20, 2023

Noah is easily excited.

Diane is jumping to (wrong) conclusions often.

This appears to cause lights to appear in the air around Diane, perhaps as her head is preparing to explode?

The degree of stress she is suffering upon finding out Adrian Raven will be teaching at Moperville University seems excessive. She's definitely coming unhinged.

Poor Diane. Will the fragments of her cranium harm Noah? He'll at least have to deal with the mess.

Honestly? I do like how the shading is done in the last panel. I'm reminded of cross-hatching and other such shading techniques I've forgotten the names of.

The grayscale-using-only-black-and-white, however...kinda makes Diane's shirt and the back of the chair look like cut-outs revealing a flat background layer.

Conspiracy theory:  We are all all characters in a comic & the author is performing literary gymnastics to keep significant charachters near each other.

-

This almost confirms Moperville U is a privately owned institute.  Public & most religious universities can't be said to have a single owner.

Assuming the Moperville university is fairly good sized and that not all majors even need a history class, it should be possible for Diane to avoid having a class with Raven as professor. 

13 hours ago, mlooney said:

Assuming the Moperville university is fairly good sized and that not all majors even need a history class, it should be possible for Diane to avoid having a class with Raven as professor. 

Which is why I'm wondering whether that's what has Diane alarmed, or if Miss Quick-on-the Uptake has already figured out that there are wheels within wheels.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Random things are connected in ways sane people refuse to believe.

True in many contexts.

I've suggested that the only way "supply chain" is a valid and accurate concept is if it's followed by "link fence". If you follow things around enough, our supply of computer chips is dependent on an adequate supply of wood. And potatoes. But with communications networks being what they are, our supply of both of those things is now dependent on our supply of computer chips.

20 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

True in many contexts.

I've suggested that the only way "supply chain" is a valid and accurate concept is if it's followed by "link fence". If you follow things around enough, our supply of computer chips is dependent on an adequate supply of wood. And potatoes. But with communications networks being what they are, our supply of both of those things is now dependent on our supply of computer chips.

Interesting insight. So many years ago that I can't recall the title, I read a book that described economies as "complex ecosystems." The idea was that changes in one part would affect others parts in unpredictable ways. You seem to be headed along similar lines.