• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday, Feb 3, 2023

Diane does seem to be in massive agreement about waiting for Raven's return to tell her parents about him.  She was planing on talking to him about the situation before his left the school.

On 2/3/2023 at 5:39 PM, Darth Fluffy said:

Noah seems to be particularly happy to be connecting with her. Possibly aided by seeing why she was reluctant to engage with Adrian Raven.

This is very nearly Noah's dream: someone (besides Raven) he can be "out" to. If only he knew that his friend Elliot would take all his secrets in stride and introduce him to several other people who would accept him, as  well.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I've wondered why he hasn't connected with Grace once he figured out who she is.

He's not good at it, the connection thing. Both Raven and Ellen were quite surprised that Noah and Elliot became friends so quickly. I think it would take a formal introduction from someone who knew both of their secrets. Diane's not quite that person, yet, though she might be by the end of the evening.

Too bad my bingo card has always been Elliot.

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

He's not good at it, the connection thing. Both Raven and Ellen were quite surprised that Noah and Elliot became friends so quickly. I think it would take a formal introduction from someone who knew both of their secrets. Diane's not quite that person, yet, though she might be by the end of the evening.

Too bad my bingo card has always been Elliot.

He must not have talked to Adrian about his discovery that Grace is Shade Tail who killed Damien; Adrian seems like he would have introduced them. Sort of surprising that he didn't anyway, as fellow seyunolu.

Noah tells Adrian about Grace being the one who killed Damien here.

Noah is also somewhat intimidated as a result of knowing that she so easily dispatched such a foe—even Adrian was intimidated by seeing her “full-power” form here.

As for why Noah is so easily opening up to Diane, I think that he is happy that she has accepted a role as his “sister” because he has long wanted to have a sibling.

16 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Noah tells Adrian about Grace being the one who killed Damien here.

Noah is also somewhat intimidated as a result of knowing that she so easily dispatched such a foe—even Adrian was intimidated by seeing her “full-power” form here.

As for why Noah is so easily opening up to Diane, I think that he is happy that she has accepted a role as his “sister” because he has long wanted to have a sibling.

Huh, yeah, he did tell Adrian. Grace is in a sense the closest thing Noah has to a sibling. They should lay their cards on the table. I don't get why he's so reticent.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

We don't really know that.

They are both seyunolu. Grace considers seyunolu created in the same lab as her to be siblings. Noah is from a different setting, and he may be only human/uryuom (TBD exactly what he is, but we have good indication he has just two parents), but aside from Damien and briefly Noah's dad, he's the only other seyunolu we've seen. 

17 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Noah is from a different setting, and he may be only human/uryuom (TBD exactly what he is, but we have good indication he has just two parents)

Might want to distinguish between genetic contributors and parents. I doubt that Grace received much parental supervision or affection from any adult squirrels.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Might want to distinguish between genetic contributors and parents. I doubt that Grace received much parental supervision or affection from any adult squirrels.

Interesting point.

Based on what we know of her backstory, I doubt that Grace received much parental supervision or affection. Dr. Sciuridae, her 'grandfather' seems to have reached out somewhat, but his hands were tied. Other than that, it is mentioned that Grace considered  Mr. Guyur to be her father, and there appears to be at least some form of bonding, but we are not given details. All we know is he's dead, murdered by Damien, by the time we meet Damien and his crew.

Biologically, her human donor (Grace, Dr. Sciuridae's human daughter) was posthumous, the squirrel and the lespuko (space ape) are only mentioned as DNA sources.

While she can talk to animals, she doesn't currently use them as a source of instruction nor nurture; might she when she was very young? It's possible. It hasn't been mentioned, so in lieu of further evidence, I think we can discount its importance.

The big mystery of Grace, if Dan's going for any emotional realism, is, "Why is Grace not orders of magnitude more traumatized than she is?" She should be fairly dysfunctional; instead, she's merely quirky.

OTOH, given all of that, it makes sense why she bonded so easily with Edward and Tedd, who treated her as a valued individual, and why she's loyal to her 'sibs', and too her friends.

Noah has a different background. He knew both of his parents, and may not have any other DNA. It appears that they nurtured him. He is thrust too young into a vengeance role, and fortuitously lands in Adrian Raven's care. Adrian appears to be well informed of both Noah's and Grace's biological backgrounds, but it is not clear why he would be.