• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Thursday, Feb 16, 2023

NP Comic for Thursday, Feb 16, 2023

In the first panel, Ellen is simply beside herself.

Her imaginary fairy self outfit is more risque than is typical for EGS (in fact, seems to defy physics, at least slightly). I'm sure this says something about Ellen's positive body image and being comfortable in her own skin, in regard to how Dan views Ellen seeing herself.

Larry's too cute elf seems to say that Larry would enjoy being transformed, if he knew it was an option. I am guessing that this is foreshadowing, and it is going to happen; it may be a messing with Rich moment as well, as he deals with his best friend being transformed. Oh, and she seems to be flirting with him. Oh, dear, what a tangled web!

Meta: This NP must be fun for Dan; he has taken several breaks from the main comic, but has not slowed down much on this NP arc.

Nothing we've seen so far appears to remove this from canon. It's a fair amount of stage time. Does this elevate the minor character participants' status yet? George still seems like a prop, kind of just there, but Rich and Larry are at least hitting Rosencrantz and Guildenstern levels.

Looting on the way out would make more sense logistically. Lugging that weight would hinder them in battle. But, in Riches defense, if they don't loot now, they are likely to get a cut scene when they meet their quest objective, and be unable to loot afterward.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

.Looting on the way out would make more sense logistically. Lugging that weight would hinder them in battle. But, in Riches defense, if they don't loot now, they are likely to get a cut scene when they meet their quest objective, and be unable to loot afterward.

There’s also the common RPG trope of having to escape in a hurry after defeating the Boss, so assuming that they will not have time to explore and loot after the Boss battle is a good bet.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Looting on the way out would make more sense logistically. Lugging that weight would hinder them in battle. But, in Riches defense, if they don't loot now, they are likely to get a cut scene when they meet their quest objective, and be unable to loot afterward.

You also have the problem of a monster you missed coming by and taking the loot with them as they flee the dungeon.  

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Considering how the game dice have been rolling for this group, one of them having a critical failure on a walking roll is a distinct possibility.

"You roll a critical failure to move your feet from one spot on the ground to another. You are now floating above the ground."

That is close to how Arthur Dent gain the ability to fly.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

The problem with that method of flight is that Gravity does not care whether you notice it—it always notices YOU.

Gravity notices balloons. Balloons don't care.