• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Thursday, Feb 23, 2023

NP Comic for Thursday, Feb 23, 2023

Nanase's rogue goes full lawful stupid. Oops, indeed.

"What did she just do?" Reactions:

Larry's face is consternation, along the lines of "We're screwed" - probably not true, but the situation got more difficult.

George's is confusion, "Why would you do that?"

Riches is inscrutable, ellipses - He's either pissed, or "I knew she couldn't role play", or "I knew girls can't role play", or "Hey, that's my role!" Difficult to say which. He's clearly not thrilled though.

Ellen's response is priceless. "You f***ed up, Honey, I'm explaining how ..." Pretty gentle, really, and hopefully preemptively defuses anyone else's presumably hostile response.

Nanase's "Oops" response says she learned something, but it may be overwhelmed by "I knew I hated this."

So, for today's comic, she's actually playing a rouge, applying the red to her cheeks as clown style makeup.

Which may be appropriate if they have a TPK before they even reach the climax of the module.

Having a stealth character when all of the characters aren't stealthy doesn't mean much.  Rich's paladin's armor would make enough noise as to render stealth impossible.

21 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Having a stealth character when all of the characters aren't stealthy doesn't mean much.  Rich's paladin's armor would make enough noise as to render stealth impossible.

And if Rich had actually said what Nanase said, it would be in character for his pally.

In a practical sense, she would need to scout ahead for the party. Games I've played have ignored the noise of armor, mitigated in that we rarely heard the encounter ahead of time ourselves.

Still, without all of that, Ellen's comment still stands, the rogue issuing a challenge for the group is out of character. She would at least want to personally be less conspicuous to get in her sneak attacks (which she may have been told about, but doesn't seem to have a grasp of).

It is not unheard of for the secrecy to be dropped a little earlier than expected. 

Shouts of "¡Viva Santa Anna!" in the prelude to the attack on the Alamo. 

German double agents in Britain announcing the Normandy invasion while the fleet was still out to sea. 

A sufficiently devious tactician can turn Nanase's declaration into an advantage. 

Maybe?