• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Wednesday, Mar 1, 2023

Comic for Wednesday, Mar 1, 2023

Yay! Another main story comic!

. . . and it's all in Susan's imagination.

Sam does not look like Sam because Susan doesn't know Sam. Likewise, the others represent her impressions. I don't think she knows about Rhoda and Catalina's magic. I'm not even sure she's supposed to be aware that they are a couple. Diane knows, so It may have been discussed.

She looks depressed by being the loner. My guess is that she gets a relationship in this arc. She had the best chemistry with Elliot, but that seems out. Matt from school? Someone new?

Knowing Catalina, she has probably spoken of Rhoda in Susan’s presence before—Cat is of the “has to make a conscious effort to avoid blabbing” sort.

The knowing of Rhoda shrinking, however, is mainly speculation based on what Grace has told her about the dream-conversations with the Emissary of Magic.

As for Sam, Susan seems to have internalized the “lots of pockets” description, as she imagines him with a pocket even on his hat band.

Hmmm… Lucy seems to also be somewhat enlarged compared to Diane, like she used the “200% mass” transformation.

Do we have a canon source for Susan knowing what Lucy looks like?   As far as Susan getting a relationship, it's almost must be from out of the main cast plus their SO. While Matt is a possibility, I suspect that Susan is going to come to terms with being ace and remember what she told Justin, being single is not the same as being alone.

45 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Do we have a canon source for Susan knowing what Lucy looks like?   As far as Susan getting a relationship, it's almost must be from out of the main cast plus their SO. While Matt is a possibility, I suspect that Susan is going to come to terms with being ace and remember what she told Justin, being single is not the same as being alone.

Diane would likely have a picture of Lucy on her phone, and may have shown Susan. That would also explain the lack of size context (Diane would have been holding the phone, taking the picture).

My thought is that Susan is already as comfortable as she's going to be being single, that she's more scared and scarred than happy; and isn't really ace. I think the arc with Elliot highlighted that she recognizes that a relationship would be healthy for her; she's just not ready to commit to one.

My quirkiest match is Susan and Jay. They currently have not met, and they seem to have little in common, but working through their individual alienation issues could be common ground.

Susan was younger than the rest of the cast. Does she graduate with them?

15 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A senior in her last semester gives minimal effort and lets her mind wander durring a class she does not enjoy?

That could never happen outside the comic.  Right?

So, she is a senior?

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

Yes, all the main cast members are seniors.

She must have skipped a year. She was said to be younger than the rest for the crew, and she was highlighted as younger for the trip to France. It would fit pushy tiger mom's style.

Susan & Nanase were both freshmen on the France trip.

Susan is not noted as being significantly younger than the others.  Simply as being the youngest among this group.  A trivial matter.

My school started kids in Kindergarten based on birthdates from Dec of one year to Nov of the next.  If Moperville Kindergarten recruited by the Feb to Jan span, anyone born in January would be among the youngest in their class.