• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Amiable Dorsai

Comic for Monday, Mar 13, 2023

Monday's comic is very Monday. (Garfield hates them.)

In a less serious vein, I do like the use of a fog machine in the video rental environment. Or is reality fading out around her? Or just in her head space?

And what's up with the non-Euclidian counter top? Ha, She's trapped in a Klein space video store. "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

She looks like she's looking for the illusionary bunny, to feed him illusionary carrots.

55 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

In a less serious vein, I do like the use of a fog machine in the video rental environment

One of the "Hot Topics" in Tulsa used a fog machine in their store for a while.  The had it set to only fill to about knee high, but was still seriously weird.

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:

One of the "Hot Topics" in Tulsa used a fog machine in their store for a while.  The had it set to only fill to about knee high, but was still seriously weird.

If you are a retail store, and you are going to use a fog machine, Hot Topic would be the place.

In the era of COVID, they can't be doing well. Too easy to order from the Interwebs.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

This feel like more of an end of an era than "End of an Era" did.

Yep. In her own mind, "works at the video store" became part of Susan's identity. Now she's contemplating NOT working at the video store, the video store being closed and the shelves and counters bare.

And even in that state, she's mentally still in the video store.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Now she's contemplating NOT working at the video store, the video store being closed and the shelves and counters bare.

I don't think that the shelves are bare, just The Dan didn't want to draw a couple dozen DVD cases.  It being empty of customers on the other hand, is another thing altogether. 

On 3/14/2023 at 11:59 AM, mlooney said:

I don't think that the shelves are bare, just The Dan didn't want to draw a couple dozen DVD cases.  It being empty of customers on the other hand, is another thing altogether. 

I think that somewhere in the course of this page, probably just for the last 1-2 panels, we moved from being inside the video store to being inside Susan's head. And there, the shelves are bare.