• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Wednesday, Mar 15, 2023

She's the third wheel in all her friendships and now the job that gave her a place where she was respected and effective is going away. She has no clue how to start, or even if she could even bear a romantic relationship, and college graduation is only four years away. The end of formal education, a beginning for so many, may look like a death sentence to her.

3 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

She's the third wheel in all her friendships and now the job that gave her a place where she was respected and effective is going away. She has no clue how to start, or even if she could even bear a romantic relationship, and college graduation is only four years away. The end of formal education, a beginning for so many, may look like a death sentence to her.

As far as we know to this point, they are all attending school next year locally. I don't believe Susan was left out.

On 3/15/2023 at 4:50 PM, Darth Fluffy said:

As far as we know to this point, they are all attending school next year locally. I don't believe Susan was left out.

No, she wasn't left out, but four years isn't that long and Susan knows it.  She's incomplete, and she has no clue what to do when her support structure goes away.

I'm sure that Susan will develop platonic friends in collage.  This is EGS written by The Dan, who

1. Isn't all that cruel to his characters 
  2. Makes new characters on the drop of a hat.

Or it's possible that she may develop a romantic partner that respects her boundaries.  Could happen.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Or it's possible that she may develop a romantic partner that respects her boundaries.  Could happen.

Or it's possible that at some point she panics about being alone and latches on to, someone.  This someone would probably want more intimacy (physical & emotional) than Susan is willing to give and may end up becoming a cheating jerk like her father.

I think that may be part of it.  Susan, at some level, fears that any partner may become a cheater so preemptively sabotages potential relationships.

On 3/17/2023 at 1:10 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I think that may be part of it.  Susan, at some level, fears that any partner may become a cheater so preemptively sabotages potential relationships.

Good point. It is not uncommon behavior.

A couple of further thoughts, it's weird that Susan 'likes to watch'. She seems to associate any sexual attraction with her dad's unfaithfulness; from evidence we've seen, abetted by her mom.

Mom's 'hook up with girls' comment doesn't actually address the issue of unfaithfulness. It might reflect mom's choice of personal response.

Susan has been aware for a while that she needs to deal with this. Her initial response to Ashley was about this.