• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Thursday, Mar 23, 2023

NP Comic for Thursday, Mar 23, 2023

Seems that Larry would already know subdual vs lethal damage. Odd question. In spite of this, Ellen explains, then realizes she jumped to conclusions. George saves the day, sort of.

This seems to me to be too much detail, bogging down progress. If you know this material, this explanation is unnecessary. If you don't it's not enough to really explain it.

It's kind of a weird mechanic anyway. The gist is that beating something up inspires loyalty. There may be some truth in that in the short term, but in the long run, you are only making enemies and setting up future challenges to authority. In terms of simply not killing things, though, it works.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Horse stealing was a hanging crime in the old west. 

Why should we let fantasy chicken rustlers off easy? 

. . . . 

This opinion may have been influenced by eleven herbs and spices . . .

Indeed, there is fowl play afoot.

In 5e, which may or may not be what this is based on, the only thing that can be "non-lethal damage" is melee attacks.  And you don't have to decided until you drop the target to 0 hit points.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

In 5e, which may or may not be what this is based on, the only thing that can be "non-lethal damage" is melee attacks.  And you don't have to decided until you drop the target to 0 hit points.

Then, technically, all attacks are potentially non-lethal until you hit zero hit points. I suppose actual non-lethal damage melee attacks aren't dropping your hit points per death, but you still track subdual damage vs hit points, right?

This is why you need a cleric. Keep it simple. Put them down, then 'Speak with Dead'. ("I've got a call for a Jerry Garcia. Is there a Jerry Garcia here?")

Yeah, there isn't a separate pool subdue hit points.  The only attack that matters re knocking some one out is that last one that takes them to 0.