• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday, Apr 10, 2023

Regarding 'immortals can no longer walk through walls', it seems like a weird thing to change. I wonder what motivated that detail of the changes?

Susan said she didn't delete those comments because they freaked her out. 

If something freaks me out, more than I am normally freaked out, I am more likely to ignore it. 

As for Tedd's hare?

If transformation magic can not substitute for a cosmetologist appointment, then our mad undergraduate needs a style that looks equally good on a male or female.

I suggest taking inspiration from Persis Khambatta or Yul Brynner.

I wonder if the people watching the immortal bounce off the ceiling laughed out loud or not.  I suspect not, but they probable had to hold it back.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I so want to think the immortal bouncing off the ceiling was Voltaire 

That would be amusing, but why would Voltaire be in view of DGB agents?  Edward, at least, would know who he is and be aware that he's more hostile to humans than normal.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Regarding 'immortals can no longer walk through walls', it seems like a weird thing to change. I wonder what motivated that detail of the changes?

It seems that Immortals are no longer allowed to render themselves intangible while they are in the physical plane.

My first guess as to why it had been forbidden is out of an agreement about balance/justice—because they are presumably allowing themselves to have more engagement in mortal affairs, they agreed that it was “unfair” to be untouchable when they do so.

Recall, when Immortals knowingly attempt something forbidden, they get a nagging voice in their heads telling them not to do it, which can become annoying enough to count as a lesser punishment in itself.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

That would be amusing, but why would Voltaire be in view of DGB agents?  Edward, at least, would know who he is and be aware that he's more hostile to humans than normal.

He could have been taunting the agents with his newfound abilities and decided to make a dramatic exit through the ceiling.  That would be even funnier.

I have a feeling that the Immortals are less than 100% free to rewrite their laws any way they like - that there are some constraints they can't violate, or maybe they can violate a little bit over on this edge if they are careful to stay sufficiently clear of that edge over there.

And that the "can't go through walls" is a side effect which they discovered after agreeing to new rules.

13 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

"can't go through walls" is a side effect which they discovered after agreeing to new rules

That does seem like a big  unintended consequence.

But I have seen enough policies, court orders and laws get pushed through where the most notable effect  (intended or otherwise) isn't obvious until after the ink dries.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That does seem like a big  unintended consequence.

But I have seen enough policies, court orders and laws get pushed through where the most notable effect  (intended or otherwise) isn't obvious until after the ink dries.

Too true,

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

And that the "can't go through walls" is a side effect which they discovered after agreeing to new rules.

I still think that the “not going through walls” thing is just a subset of “not allowed to be intangible while on the physical plane”.

10 hours ago, ijuin said:

I still think that the “not going through walls” thing is just a subset of “not allowed to be intangible while on the physical plane”.

That makes sense. I could see that as being a thing they would want to limit, to keep tabs on each other.