• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Wednesday, Apr 12, 2023

Comic for Wednesday, Apr 12, 2023

Correct me if I'm wrong (I know you will), but this comic does not add new material that wasn't already in the last comic. More detail and a closer look, perhaps, but not really new ground. Edward seemed convinced in the last comic; now he's retconned as unsure and then convinced. Susan spells things out that were assumed. Yawn.

I could make a snarky comment about critical thinking, but it belongs in the political thread.

First Susan presented her thesis.  "Immortal laws have changed".

Then she presented her data.  The comments.

This drew Edward's interest.  It seemed to confirm or explain information he received from other sources.

However, before Edward could transmit the report up the chain of command, he needed to know how Susan derrived her thesis from the confusing data.  Susan needed to show her work.

Critical Thinking is a dangerous skill set in the hands of anyone on the outside.  She needs to be assimilated or supressed.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Critical Thinking is a dangerous skill set in the hands of anyone on the outside.

<Holds head, thinking back on events of last couple of years> OK, will respond in Politics thread.

3 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Arthur already wants Elliot and Grace. Presumably, Susan will get a job offer from him, now. Or, perhaps a bit of guidance from her college counselors that they might not otherwise give to a mundane student like Susan.

Mundane? Susan is already an Awakened Mage whose initial spell had combat applications. That already puts her in the general recruiting pool. Actually, pretty much all of the main ten have potential as recruits.

Yeah all the main cast have powers that DGB would like to access, but three letter agencies don't normally take people with just a high school education as agents.  I suspect that the cast's college majors will be "guided" by DGB and will involve a lot of time in Tedd's lab.

On 4/12/2023 at 10:53 AM, ijuin said:

Mundane? Susan is already an Awakened Mage whose initial spell had combat applications. That already puts her in the general recruiting pool. Actually, pretty much all of the main ten have potential as recruits.

Ridiculously poor wording on my part, my apologies. What I tried and failed to say was that Susan, who knows about and can do magic, and who has demonstrated her ability to come to  valid conclusions from sparse evidence, will likely get guidance in college that other students who have similar academic qualifications but no magical talents would get. If Arthur has anything to say about it, following this guidance would make her a better potential agent.