• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Saturday, May 20, 2023

NP Comic for Saturday, May 20, 2023

This overly convoluted cultist plan does not seem suitable for an introductory module. Even if the cultists had successfully kidnapped Nanase's character, she would have been unable to translate the hieroglyphic message.

'Sick' dates this comic as being framed in a previous generation of slang. Not as bad as 'tubular', 'rad', or 'bad' though. It's really hep, isn't it, daddy-o.

I'm hoping this wraps up soon. The eye opening of Rich has been accomplished, now we're just beating a dead horse, er, uhm, chicken. Hopefully not actually dead yet. So far I think no one has died, including cultists.

“Sick” as slang definitely dates from the period when Dan was a teenager.

As for the cleric wanting Nanase to read the glyphs, he probably only knows that she and the glyphs are from the same other world. He is only speculating that she would be familiar with the particular script/language.

On 5/20/2023 at 6:21 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So has Lary acheived Medling Kid status?

Depends on if he has a semi-coherent talking dog or not.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Depends on if he has a semi-coherent talking dog or not.

"What's that, Lassie? You want the outer covering of a tree?"

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

"What's that, Lassie? You want the outer covering of a tree?"

A few days ago, at both sunrise and sunset, I heard what sounded like three animals with loud, high-pitched voices, saying "Meow".

No, not meowing, more like they were saying the word.

(After some thought and comparing to sound clips from the internet, I decided they were probably foxes.)

On 5/20/2023 at 3:11 AM, ijuin said:

“Sick” as slang definitely dates from the period when Dan was a teenager.

Perhaps due to being about the same age as Dan (I think he's a couple years younger than me), I didn't even notice the non-current slang.

Of course, considering that EGS is set in an ambiguous "present day" time period in an alternate universe, and the entire school-experience of the main cast is more reminiscent of the  90s than the 00s (let alone the 2020s), I think it would actually feel more out-of-place if everyone was using up-to-date slang.

I'm old enough that "sick" in that context is "Stuff The Youths" are using.  But then again you whippersnappers need to get off my lawn.