• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday, May 22, 2023

Of course she would not stream a movie, if it was available to rent at Tensaided's store.

As for the movie-going party?  The group she identified as "people Tedd does not know" may include members of whom Tedd may be aware, but does not know well.  She's going with. Cambot, Gypsy, Tom Servo & Crow.

"Jestful Statement" is now canon.  It's possible that she had been invited to the movies by Camellia and/or Conan.  Or one of the guys that were thinking about asking her out, but needed some one braver than them to find out if they could ask her for a date. One of them might have gathered up some courage.  

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you! You're not waiting to stream it?

Keep in mind that in the world of EGS, streaming (not counting Youtube-like websites) hasn't been around very long (the first story to mention it was set in December of the previous in-story year, and in it Sarah and Grace are clearly just learning about how streaming services work) and there hasn't been a pandemic to help make it near-ubiquitous.

32 minutes ago, mlooney said:

It's possible that she had been invited to the movies by Camellia and/or Conan.  Or one of the guys that were thinking about asking her out, but needed some one braver than them to find out if they could ask her for a date.

Hmmm... Conan. Not one of the possibilities I had considered, but yeah. Sam comes to mind, or maybe Jay, still angling to met Tedd.  The disruption potential is high, here.

23 minutes ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Hmmm... Conan. Not one of the possibilities I had considered, but yeah. Sam comes to mind, or maybe Jay, still angling to met Tedd.  The disruption potential is high, here.

I hadn't thought about Jay.  Sam seems unlikely because they are in a relationship with Sarah and Grace didn't mention Sarah, which if she did probably would have made Tedd come along as it wouldn't just be a bunch of people he didn't know.

Also I'm curious as to why this arc is names "Layers".  Of course it's only 3 strips in, so it may become obvious later.  Plus I suspect this is going to be a longer arc as it's already labeled "Part 1"

15 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Also I'm curious as to why this arc is names "Layers". 

You're right. You'd think the NP story would be named 'Layers'.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Also I'm curious as to why this arc is names "Layers".

Layers of trust, perhaps? As is different setts of friends learn varying levels of secrets, on something of a need to know basis. Grace would find that difficult, at best.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Also I'm curious as to why this arc is names "Layers".  Of course it's only 3 strips in, so it may become obvious later.  Plus I suspect this is going to be a longer arc as it's already labeled "Part 1"

So Grace is like an ogre?

22 minutes ago, ijuin said:

So Grace is like an ogre?

I assume that is a Shrek reference as the ogres in my games don't tend to have layers.  

56 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I assume that is a Shrek reference as the ogres in my games don't tend to have layers.  

Indeed it is. Shrek says, "Ogres are like onions" to Donkey, referring to layers, and Donkey thinks it's because they smell bad.