• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday November 30, 2016

17 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

This may be the most painful page of EGS that I have read in quite a while.

ASame... given I've seen my own family isn't great finding anything positive to hang onto mean a lot. The fact Susan already is having to protect what good she can is somewhat telling, and her reaction is... I totally empathize with what she's gone through.

1 minute ago, MarrikBroom said:

ASame... given I've seen my own family isn't great finding anything positive to hang onto mean a lot. The fact Susan already is having to protect what good she can is somewhat telling, and her reaction is... I totally empathize with what she's gone through.

I think I understand. My family was broken up by a divorce as well. Suffice it to say that it happened when I was only seven years old but that learning the whole story behind it when I was in my twenties turned out to be intensely traumatic. I cannot imagine Susan is having any easier a time of it now.

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

By the way, WHO is that third person in that flashback? Her father? That woman? Older Susan?

Older Susan doesn't make much sense, unless she's remembering back to the previous weekend when she had blonde hair due to Ellen zapping her (which I think might have been what triggered the dream flashback, though it could also have been Susan telling Tedd, Elliot and Sarah about the divorce that did it too). Though this could be the first case of "the woman with Susan's face". Though the woman obviously didn't have the same hairstyle...so I dunno.

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Diane will need to learn summoning and fighting with magic weapons. Susan is the best one to teach her that. Unarmed martial arts which everyone else is learning wouldn't really help her. Although it IS possible there's nothing Susan can do NOW - she would need to wait for Diane to get magic first - I'm not sure how would waiting with this information help. Remember, Diane is convinced Susan is her sister and wants to talk with her, should they be hiding Susan from her?

Considering the future of magic in Moperville (and the world for that matter) is in question, it may not be possible for Diane to ever get any spells, outside of Immortal help (beyond just marking) that is. If the system changes, Susan looses the ability to summon weapons and fairies, if the the plan to remove the clog succeeds, then there may not be enough around for Diane to be able to use her spells,though best case scenario would be that she's able to cast a spell, but it takes a heck of a lot longer for her to awaken than it did for Susan.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Forgot about that.

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:
28 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Forgot about that.

Me too. But I was looking at comics around those referenced specially for case there is something there I forgot.

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Considering the future of magic in Moperville (and the world for that matter) is in question, it may not be possible for Diane to ever get any spells, outside of Immortal help (beyond just marking) that is. If the system changes, Susan looses the ability to summon weapons and fairies, if the the plan to remove the clog succeeds, then there may not be enough around for Diane to be able to use her spells,though best case scenario would be that she's able to cast a spell, but it takes a heck of a lot longer for her to awaken than it did for Susan.

If the system changes, Susan and Diane will still have their talent. Tedd then may be able to help them find out how to utilize it.

If the system wouldn't change, considering Jerry's vow it shouldn't be that hard to get Diane marked. Training properly can then more than compensate missing clog ; Susan likely didn't trained so much.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Tedd then may be able to help them find out how to utilize it.

If Tedd doesn't go further into depression over almost causing the system change. He might totally be against helping others get magic, even if it is Susan's sister.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

If the system wouldn't change, considering Jerry's vow it shouldn't be that hard to get Diane marked. Training properly can then more than compensate missing clog ; Susan likely didn't trained so much.

I dunno, maybe, he did offer to mark Sarah, the question would be whether Jerry could help provide the means for Diane to build up her own magic power at his "age", Pandora very likely has plenty to spare to help Sarah regardless of whether they succeed in removing the clog or the system changes,

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:
10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Tedd then may be able to help them find out how to utilize it.

If Tedd doesn't go further into depression over almost causing the system change. He might totally be against helping others get magic, even if it is Susan's sister.

Sure ; Hard to predict how Tedd would react. Alternatively, he might want to take revenge at magic or something and try to get magic to as many people as possible.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:
12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I dunno, maybe, he did offer to mark Sarah, the question would be whether Jerry could help provide the means for Diane to build up her own magic power at his "age"

Immortals certainly don't need to be two hundreds to mark anyone ... but yes, it is possible it will take Jerry several years to get enough power for that. Forgot about this detail.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Pandora very likely has plenty to spare to help Sarah regardless of whether they succeed in removing the clog or the system changes,

Certainly. Question is if Pandora will be willing to help Diane. Although it would be worth the try.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Certainly. Question is if Pandora will be willing to help Diane. Although it would be worth the try.

She's only offered to help Sarah because she likes her, also Sarah being pretty close to Tedd helps quite a bit. Susan is Tedd's friend, but they're not that close and Tedd hasn't even met Diane so I don't think Pandora would be too quick to extend the offer to her.

Interesting to remember that Tedd still has no idea that Pandora has any special interest in him.  I don't think anyone but Edward and Adrian know about Adrian being Tedd's godfather.  We don't know if Edward knows about Pandora being Adrian's mother, so the only ones who might realize Pandora considers Tedd to be family are Adrian and the Emissary of Magic, and the Emissary only knows while he's casting that particular spell.

11 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Interesting to remember that Tedd still has no idea that Pandora has any special interest in him.  I don't think anyone but Edward and Adrian know about Adrian being Tedd's godfather.  We don't know if Edward knows about Pandora being Adrian's mother, so the only ones who might realize Pandora considers Tedd to be family are Adrian and the Emissary of Magic, and the Emissary only knows while he's casting that particular spell.

Oh, and of course Tedd's mother, wherever she is, likely also knows about the godson thing, but does not necessarily know about Pandora being Adrian's mother.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

She's only offered to help Sarah because she likes her, also Sarah being pretty close to Tedd helps quite a bit. Susan is Tedd's friend, but they're not that close and Tedd hasn't even met Diane so I don't think Pandora would be too quick to extend the offer to her.

Maybe trying some different angle than "Diane is totally close to Tedd" would be better strategy :)

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Interesting to remember that Tedd still has no idea that Pandora has any special interest in him.  I don't think anyone but Edward and Adrian know about Adrian being Tedd's godfather.

Noriko (I see you added her few minutes later). And possibly Mrs. Kitsune.

We don't know if Edward knows about Pandora being Adrian's mother

Depending what "Pandora" means. He know Adrian has mother, he may know she's named Pandora, but he definitely doesn't know it's the immortal who is marking people around and is unlikely to connect it.

the Emissary of Magic, and the Emissary only knows while he's casting that particular spell.

He may no longer be able to cast that spell, due to "success".

58 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Oh, and of course Tedd's mother, wherever she is, likely also knows about the godson thing, but does not necessarily know about Pandora being Adrian's mother.

She likely knows exactly the same as Edward ... except she's not even aware someone is marking people in Moperville.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

We may see him in Grace's dreams again, maybe to let her know if everything's ok or thank her for helping. I do wonder if we'll ever see him outside of Grace's dreams though.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

We may see him in Grace's dreams again, maybe to let her know if everything's ok or thank her for helping. I do wonder if we'll ever see him outside of Grace's dreams though.

Maybe we already did? :)

It would be courtesy, but considering Grace's score in remembering those dreams, it might not be worth it.

14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

By the way, WHO is that third person in that flashback? Her father? That woman? Older Susan?

She's The Other Woman With Susan's Face. I see Susan having another flashback when she actually meets Diane.

"The Other Woman" has completely different hair style, not speaking about having no reason to be there. I'm speaking about this page, frame 7.