• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Friday December 2, 2016

7 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

PLEASE, Box, give Rhoda a spellbook after this.

Considering Pandora craved for someone to surprise her and her reactions so far indicate a high level of surprise, I wouldn't be surprised if Pandora linked a spellbook to Rhoda shortly after this and leaves it on her bed for Rhoda to see when she got home.

As for Rhoda's spell here, it appears she didn't change shape, aside from the wavy hair that is, everything else looks like it just changed colour, her outfit is lighter, and skin is darker, I think her eyes might be a different colour too. The hair itself would have been enough to not make Diane recognize her as Rhoda, Diane hasn't been fully introduced to the world of magic yet and has really only seen Nanase floating around school and has no reason to suspect that Rhoda might have magic.

18 hours ago, Stature said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=546

Please pull an Elliot...

Then again, what I see here is an illegitimate offspring of Grace and Rhoda that drank a cup of tea.

Why illegitimate?

Personally, I think she looks same except hair and skin color (which does look similar to Grace, yes ...)

15 hours ago, Stormtalon42 said:

Also, casting spells willy-nilly in a panic can only end in hijinks.  Or mass destruction and carnage, but since this is EGS, that's unlikely.

Yup. Hijinks confirmed. This is first even which resulted in more hijinks AND might've surprise Pandora. So far, all things which surprised Pandora resulted in LESS hijinks.

15 hours ago, Random Wanderer said:
18 hours ago, WR...S said:

...okay, she has got to be a wizard.

Nah, she's just a magic-user who's in desperate need of a spellbook.

8 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

PLEASE, Box, give Rhoda a spellbook after this.

Or at least get the spellbook to look yourself and do some comments we can hear.

14 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Given that Rhoda can change size much better than Tedd's morphing devices, I think it's fair to say that she's an even better shape-changer than Elliot, though perhaps not as versatile as Grace.

14 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Elliot's superhero spell is a different one from his ability to look like any girl/woman he can imagine.

Elliot didn't really tested limits of his shape change. "Changing in any girl/woman he can imagine" would suggest he can break the size limits as well, but that's OUR description, not in the book.

Grace, meanwhile, has the most experience, but she can only mix&match forms she gets from the TF gun. Even with thousands forms, that's much more limited than Elliot's imagination.

... they should really do a contest in who can cosplay better, to show us the limits. Starting with species from Star Trek and Star Wars.

26 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Grace, meanwhile, has the most experience, but she can only mix&match forms she gets from the TF gun. Even with thousands forms, that's much more limited than Elliot's imagination.

With Grace being able to morph into the other members of the main eight, plus being able to adjust sizes and such, that's still pretty good to make any form imaginable, she could take Sarah's base form, give her Susan's hair but half length, Nanase's eyes and Ellen's boobs, and you would not recognize her as any of the main eight.

34 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... they should really do a contest in who can cosplay better, to show us the limits. Starting with species from Star Trek and Star Wars.

I think Grace might be able to pull off a better Wookie or Ewok for Wars, maybe an Andorian for Trek if she can do blue skin, Elliot...TOS era Klingon? Dunno if he'd be able to pull off the forehead ridges of Movie/TNG era Klingons. That's the problem with Elliot, we haven't actually seen him do anything really fancy with his morphs, though he hasn't had a reason to do anything other than human female.

52 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

With Grace being able to morph into the other members of the main eight, plus being able to adjust sizes and such, that's still pretty good to make any form imaginable, she could take Sarah's base form, give her Susan's hair but half length, Nanase's eyes and Ellen's boobs, and you would not recognize her as any of the main eight.

I have better imagination than that.

53 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I think Grace might be able to pull off a better Wookie or Ewok for Wars

... yeah, fur is one thing the others are likely to get wrong.

53 minutes ago, Scotty said:

maybe an Andorian for Trek if she can do blue skin

Does Tedd like Star Trek enough to give her such form? (Also, green, for Orions).

54 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Elliot...TOS era Klingon? Dunno if he'd be able to pull off the forehead ridges of Movie/TNG era Klingons. That's the problem with Elliot, we haven't actually seen him do anything really fancy with his morphs, though he hasn't had a reason to do anything other than human female.

Exactly: we have no idea. He may be able to do B'Elanna Torres without any problems because she's female. Or even harder stuff, like Rachi Sitra from Star Wars, or the 8472 female impersonating Valerie Archer in normal form.

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Does Tedd like Star Trek enough to give her such form? (Also, green, for Orions).

I used Andorian because of the antennae, Elliot would be able to do Orion for sure.

21 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Given that Rhoda can change size much better than Tedd's morphing devices, I think it's fair to say that she's an even better shape-changer than Elliot, though perhaps not as versatile as Grace.

So does this mean Rhoda's spell branched off?  First she changes her size (or the size of anyone else); now she can change her shape (since size change technically is a "change of shape").  Though I realize now that this actually fits with her character, since she completely changed her appearance after she got too much attention after the stunt Pandora pulled.

59 minutes ago, PrimordialSoul253 said:
23 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

So does this mean Rhoda's spell branched off?  First she changes her size (or the size of anyone else); now she can change her shape (since size change technically is a "change of shape").  Though I realize now that this actually fits with her character, since she completely changed her appearance after she got too much attention after the stunt Pandora pulled.

Of course her spell branched off. There's not that many ways how to make resize spells. Also, if she's really S-rank as Pandora said ...

(... and some people here were afraid she will lose her spell after the magic clog will be gone ...)

Just now, hkmaly said:

(... and some people here were afraid she will lose her spell after the magic clog will be gone ...)

Worst case scenario now seems that she might just be unable to use any higher cost spells, at least until she exercises her own magic more with the lower cost spells. Or she just isn't able to cast too many spells rapidly, I imagine the high ambient energy is what has allowed her to shrink Catalina, make herself taller and change appearance in a relatively short period of time

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Worst case scenario now seems that she might just be unable to use any higher cost spells, at least until she exercises her own magic more with the lower cost spells.

First, she obviously exercised a LOT if she already awakened AND got not one but THREE new spells. AT LEAST three.

Second, her most energy hungry spell is likely the "shrink with clothes" one. She's unlikely to lose both that and her first "shrink without clothes" spell. (There is also option she will be able to cast all spells but her lower and upper limits for resizing will change.)

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Or she just isn't able to cast too many spells rapidly, I imagine the high ambient energy is what has allowed her to shrink Catalina, make herself taller and change appearance in a relatively short period of time

That is possible. Without the high ambient energy, shrinking Catalina to minimum WITH CLOTHES might deplete her reserves so much she will not be able to make herself taller immediately after. On the other hand, the appearance change likely isn't so costly and there was some time between that and other spells, so she would possibly regenerate the magic anyway.