• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Friday December 2, 2016

Ok, do you recall all that speculation and commentary from several earlier comics about how they should have mentioned Jerry first and he would have information that even Edward couldn't get?

Yeah...  Just throw that all out.

25 minutes ago, TehEpicDuckeh said:

Who's Jack? *makes note in foreshadowing log*

23 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Err, I think it is slang. "I don't know jack" is another way of saying "I have no idea."

Often expressed as "jack [not really this word] crap"

That aside, I suspect a high amount of weirdness is about to happen.  Of course a DNA test could help at this point and DGB should be able to do one, assuming Edward can swing it.

As for why Jerry doesn't tell them that directly?

Did you see the look on Susan's face?  Nanase is a dangerous warrior and Susan can summon magic weapons.  If any humans can hurt an immortal who reset less than a year ago, it would be them.

Everything is up in the air again! Are Susan and Diane really sisters? Will Tedd confront Magic about his disappointment? Will PharaohRutinTutin's pyramid mortgage be foreclosed? Is mlooney's dishwasher secretly summoning Nyarlathotep? Is CritterKeeper really The Old Hack's maiden aunt?

FIND OUT IN THE NEXT YEAR OF EGS! SAME EGS-HOMEPAGE, SAME EGS-FORUMS!

There's no way it's just a coincidence, people don't just happen to be completely identical to one another, especially not in such close proximity. Either they're twins and there's some suspicious activity afoot, or magic was involved in one or both of their creations.

I hope Jerry actually tells the girls this bit of info, instead of just hiding in the spirit plane out of fear. And then we would get to find out what he chose as his new name.

Question I would have now then would be, when and how did Jerry find out about Diane in the first place?  If he has just been just staying around Susan and her friends to keep his vow, when did he find out this much about Diane before everyone else?

Well...F&*(.....

The basically throws a 5lb pipe wrench into things doesn't it?

Dan kept saying that characters can be wrong, I didn't expected him to mean everyone can be wrong about this.

6 hours ago, TehEpicDuckeh said:

Who's Jack? *makes note in foreshadowing log*

...and that sort of reaction is probably exactly why Dan explained the figure of speech in the commentary....

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I hope Edward doesn't swing it.  DNA testing requires expensive and fragile equipment.  I would hope Edward handles government property like that with care.

I'm pretty sure there is a centrifuge involved at some point in most of the DNA tests I'm familar with, so swinging it is a vital part of the process.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Everything is up in the air again! Are Susan and Diane really sisters? Will Tedd confront Magic about his disappointment? Will PharaohRutinTutin's pyramid mortgage be foreclosed? Is mlooney's dishwasher secretly summoning Nyarlathotep? Is CritterKeeper really The Old Hack's maiden aunt?

My first reaction is that the ages are wrong, but I have seen plenty of aunts and uncles younger than their nieces and nephews.  My second was that I'm not anyone's aunt, but it then occurs to me that two different cousins are parents; isn't there some sort of  once-removed sort of qualification under which that would make me an auntie?

1 hour ago, Drasvin said:

I hope Jerry actually tells the girls this bit of info, instead of just hiding in the spirit plane out of fear. And then we would get to find out what he chose as his new name.

Who says he has a different name now?  And I suspect that Immortals have had enough bad reactions to suddenly popping into conversations, making it obvious that they've been eavesdropping, that they are pretty cautious about doing so.  How would you feel if someone you'd been talking about suddenly chirped up from a hidden microphone and speaker with the rebuttal to something you'd just said about them, reminding you that they could have hidden microphones and cameras on you all the time?

46 minutes ago, ChaosSepher said:

Question I would have now then would be, when and how did Jerry find out about Diane in the first place?  If he has just been just staying around Susan and her friends to keep his vow, when did he find out this much about Diane before everyone else?

Jerry says he found out with the same information Nanase and Ellen did.  He probably either was there for the events in queston, or heard them discussing them.  If he follows Susan part of the time, and Nanase part of the time, he's likely been in Nanase and Ellen's school enough to have seen Diane for himself.

It should be downright easy for Jerry to let them know about this - just pop in, say

"You ever hear the phrase 'band of brothers' or 'brothers in arms'? Since you and she have the same aptitude, I spoke in that sense. Sorry for the confusion."

OR:

"Actually, I thought identical twins, but that's been debunked, so I could be very wrong."

and follow either with:

"Though it would be worth getting a gene test, to put that question to rest."

Face (mostly) saved, the three let down gently, and the *important* truth is out.

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Will PharaohRutinTutin's pyramid mortgage be foreclosed?

When you finance your retirement condo with a 30 century mortgage, you take certain precautions.
Since the mortgage was owned by the bank (specifically the east bank of the Nile) I just needed to remind the loan arranger (and Tonto) that I owned the entire Nile.  Both banks and the mosquitos included.
So if you check the financial statements, I have been my best banking customer.

2 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

It should be downright easy for Jerry to let them know about this - just pop in, say

"You ever hear the phrase 'band of brothers' or 'brothers in arms'? Since you and she have the same aptitude, I spoke in that sense. Sorry for the confusion."

OR:

"Actually, I thought identical twins, but that's been debunked, so I could be very wrong."

and follow either with:

"Though it would be worth getting a gene test, to put that question to rest."

Face (mostly) saved, the three let down gently, and the *important* truth is out.

This could cause interesting reactions depending on the results. I can imagine that a doctor or technician might do a double take if the gene test showed that they are indeed identical twins, and yet Susan is quite a bit taller than Diane. And isn't Susan now naturally dark haired after some magic incident, or was that some thing else?

(I'm following way to many web comics, starting to have a problem keeping them apart, though sometimes the mash ups that results in can be quite amusing...)

34 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

This could cause interesting reactions depending on the results. I can imagine that a doctor or technician might do a double take if the gene test showed that they are indeed identical twins, and yet Susan is quite a bit taller than Diane. And isn't Susan now naturally dark haired after some magic incident, or was that some thing else?

(I'm following way to many web comics, starting to have a problem keeping them apart, though sometimes the mash ups that results in can be quite amusing...)

Yes, Susan's angst-induced Awakening did cause her hair to go permanently dark-blue, although I've never really understood why -- the hair coloring was related to her father's cheating, nothing to do with the incident in France.  However, in this world that is officially recognized by the medical authorities as something that can happen spontaneously, so at most they might be curious to see whether Diane would show any tendency to the same phenomena.

As for the height, if Diane was in a different environment, at a different nutritional plane, that might explain the height difference at first glance.  If they looked close enough to see that Susan had a late growth spurt Diane did not, they might start theorizing about hormone exposures in Susan's environment, from plastics to a close contact using transdermal hormone creams.

7 hours ago, Mari said:

There's no way it's just a coincidence, people don't just happen to be completely identical to one another, especially not in such close proximity. Either they're twins and there's some suspicious activity afoot, or magic was involved in one or both of their creations.

People DO happen to be extremely similar to each other, while being somewhat less closely related than half-sisters. The best example in my personal experience being cousins that could be mistaken for identical twins. (Well, actually, two of them were identical twins, but the third was a cousin.)

For that matter, Tina Fey looks enough like Sarah Palin that a silly (and geographically absurd) comment the former made as part of a comedy sketch was held against the latter.

26 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

A teacher in college told me I had a duplicate who was playing drums in a band around town.  Not that *I* play drums...

Did your duplicate happen to be chasing a lion and a unicorn and end up drumming them out of town?