• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Monday December 5, 2016

No!!!!

Should be a new character!!! Conservation of detail isn't your thing!!  My world view is broken!!!

That being said, this does open some high weirdness plot options.  And Akiko is cute.

T    2
26 minutes ago, mlooney said:

No!!!!

Should be a new character!!! Conservation of detail isn't your thing!!  My world view is broken!!!

That being said, this does open some high weirdness plot options.  And Akiko is cute.

The story remains coherent. To include such a detail is not unreasonable.

44 minutes ago, T said:

The story remains coherent. To include such a detail is not unreasonable.

mlooney is just being overdramatic. You get used to him. Just don't feed him after midnight and if he ever starts posting Cthulhu worship posts please drop the mods a note. :demonicduck:

At least Akiko is unlikely to tell Diane, Lucy, or any of the people whom Rhoda is immediately afraid would find out, though she may tell Nanase . . .

9 minutes ago, ijuin said:

At least Akiko is unlikely to tell Diane, Lucy, or any of the people whom Rhoda is immediately afraid would find out, though she may tell Nanase . . .

That is, if she knows anyone that is well outside her immediate family.

Plus, kids can be bribed, (un)fortunately. :demonicduck:

40 minutes ago, WR...S said:

I saw nothing in the TOS regarding Cthulhu worship.

Well, technically it is specifically protected by the courtesy rules because they ban discrimination on a religious basis, but it isn't the faith as much as the working actively towards making the world as we know it end that is making me gun shy. If I let the world end on my watch, the other mods will never let me hear the end of it.

We don't know if Akiko knows about real magic at all; she's never been in a scene where Nanase or Ellen used magic, and Nanase has reasons for keeping magic, particularly her magic, secret.

Another point is Akiko probably doesn't know Rhoda, or even about Rhoda. And the same applies the other way. Rhoda could just walk away from some random kid. Right? End of problem.

Well, Akiko would probably tell Nanase later... And Akiko might follow the magical lady to see if anything else happens and ask more awkward questions, and maybe catch Catalina talking or even see Tiny Catalina...

Also, it might be good to remember that Akiko comes from the same bloodline that produced Nanase and Noriko. That may mean she already has at least a feeling for magic. And if Akiko can't use any magic yet, it's also good to remember that Pandora is watching all this happening. Mark this down.

9 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

And if Akiko can't use any magic yet, it's also good to remember that Pandora is watching all this happening. Mark this down.

Yep, my waifu will notice and take some sort of action.  Maybe.

Nanase did say she herself got a late start with magic.  Maybe natural talents usually manifest closer to Akiko's age?

As for Akiko not knowing about Nanase's magic, "Hah!" I say.  Trying to keep a secret fron an active, inquisitive, smart little girl?  Lots of luck with that!  We've already seen Akiko makes a habit of listening around doorways and such.

19 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

As for Akiko not knowing about Nanase's magic, "Hah!" I say.  Trying to keep a secret fron an active, inquisitive, smart little girl?  Lots of luck with that!  We've already seen Akiko makes a habit of listening around doorways and such.

I suspect that Akiko has found Nanase "sleeping" as part of her fairy spell at least once and noticed that sometimes you just can't wake her up.

Did you see the trick-or-treat bag in Akiko's hand?
She is gathering candy for the desert table in the Dread Gazebo!

Nanase has spells allowing her to change her clothes and hair style.  Considering that Nanase is not always stealthy with her magic use, Akiko probably noticed something along the way.

So will Akiko lead Rhoda and Catalina to Nanase for spooky stuff lessons?

Just now, mlooney said:
Just now, Tom Sewell said:

And if Akiko can't use any magic yet, it's also good to remember that Pandora is watching all this happening. Mark this down.

Yep, my waifu will notice and take some sort of action.  Maybe.

I don't think Pandora will touch Akiko, she's Tedd's cousin which means Pandora will likely want to protect her, also, she's 8 years old which if people are right about Helena and Demetrius being reset because they gave magic to underaged teens even with consent, giving magic to a child without consent would be even worse. I don't know if Pandora could rationally justify it enough to consider it not breaking any rules.

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

Nanase did say she herself got a late start with magic.  Maybe natural talents usually manifest closer to Akiko's age?

I wouldn't doubt the possibility of someone manifesting magic ability at an early age, but I still think Nanase was specifically saying that even though she was awakened when she was 15-16, she only really used magic during the martial arts classes which may have been a once or twice a week occurrence, rather than using magic every day like most magic users would do, Rhoda obviously used her magic every day since she discovered it because of how fast she awakened and learned several new spells. If Nanase had used her magic every day since France, she'd be even more of a powerhouse.

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

Possible, if she does know, she's resisting the temptation to gush about how cool it is much better than Diane did. That would be very impressive for an 8 year old to do and somehow, I find it hard to believe that Mama Kitsune would have told Akiko about anything and forbid her from telling Nanase.

We don't know if Akiko knows about real magic at all; she's never been in a scene where Nanase or Ellen used magic, and Nanase has reasons for keeping magic, particularly her magic, secret.

She watches things like MLP and Rapunzel where magical stuff is a common theme, she'll likely react the same way Ashley did in that "Magic is real?" but being 8, who knows how Akiko will handle that knowledge, some kids would go around telling everyone they know, some may be like "teach me how to do that!" Akiko looks up to Nanase as a role model, would she be inclined to tell her about it? Considering we haven't heard Nanase mention anything, it's unlikely Akiko did, but also considering no one has mentioned about hijinks at the mall in October, Akiko is either convinced that nothing happened (which I doubt) or somehow complete strangers convince her not to tell anyone.

Another point is Akiko probably doesn't know Rhoda, or even about Rhoda. And the same applies the other way. Rhoda could just walk away from some random kid. Right? End of problem.

Akiko not knowing Rhoda is one thing, we're not sure if Rhoda knows about Nanase having a younger sister and if she'd recognize Akiko. Rhoda could still just walk away though.

And Akiko might follow the magical lady to see if anything else happens and ask more awkward questions, and maybe catch Catalina talking or even see Tiny Catalina...

That would provide more hijinks.

8 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Well, technically it is specifically protected by the courtesy rules because they ban discrimination on a religious basis, but it isn't the faith as much as the working actively towards making the world as we know it end that is making me gun shy. If I let the world end on my watch, the other mods will never let me hear the end of it.

On the other hand, if the world ends and is reborn, we might get something better in its place.

A world where the political divide is not so vast and deep.

A world where all our needs (though not necessarily wants) are provided for.

A world where things are settled with diplomacy rather than violence.

A world where, dare I say it, Gargoyles actually had a REAL third season!

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Considering that Nanase is not always stealthy with her magic use, Akiko probably noticed something along the way.

*gasp* Nanase's hair growth! It's not exactly unnoticable,  so either the FBI came up with a second glorious gas leak explanation, or there's something a bit fishy for Akiko to think about...

23 minutes ago, Trix Marano said:

*gasp* Nanase's hair growth! It's not exactly unnoticable,  so either the FBI came up with a second glorious gas leak explanation, or there's something a bit fishy for Akiko to think about...

Akiko is canonically a Tangled fan, at her age she likely doesn't know exactly how far off the norm that spurt of hair growth was.  Nanase using her spell to change style, length, and color without either going to a stylist or disappearing into the bathroom with a box of dye is more suspicious, especially occasions when she might make her hair change length the wrong way -- even an eight-year-old would notice her sister having pixie-cut black hair when she left for school and shoulder-length red-and-black hair when she got home.  With all her experience changing clothes so her mom would think she was dressing conservatively at school, she's probably going to remember to keep the same hair color and style at home, but it would only take one or two slip-ups....

1 minute ago, CritterKeeper said:

Akiko is canonically a Tangled fan, at her age she likely doesn't know exactly how far off the norm that spurt of hair growth was.

Yes, but there is still Nanase's mother.

However, you have suceeded in converting my theory into a fishing net i.e. full of holes.