• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Comic Dec 7, 2016

49 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Here is

Did not see that coming.

In a way, I can. It would be a tacit admission that her father did indeed cheat on her mother long before her birth. Right now she understands that intellectually. She does so on the basis of incomplete data, but even so. Actually seeking out Diane and meeting her in person would be going from comprehension to acceptance -- on some level, anyway. And she is not quite ready to accept it. :doom:

I think the only time Diane really weaseled out of an obligation was when she got Nanase to pick out Ellen's outfit for Grace's birthday party, and it was a really big deal for her. There's no way she's going to weasel out of seeing Diane soon: Diane is in danger; Diane is a friend of her friends; Diane's existence isn't Diane's fault.

This is not to say that Susan and Diane are going to get along particularly well.

4 hours ago, Stature said:

Save the power for later

The only thing now is that they do not know that she has the hots for Elliot :demonicduck:

Are you referring to Susan or Diane? And please, don't answer "yes", that joke feels a bit overused lately.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

I think the only time Diane really weaseled out of an obligation was when she got Nanase to pick out Ellen's outfit for Grace's birthday party,

Sheesh, they must be sisters if you keep mixing the two up like that. lol :D

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

In a way, I can. It would be a tacit admission that her father did indeed cheat on her mother long before her birth. Right now she understands that intellectually. She does so on the basis of incomplete data, but even so. Actually seeking out Diane and meeting her in person would be going from comprehension to acceptance -- on some level, anyway. And she is not quite ready to accept it. :doom:

I'm thinking of the "stages of grief" thingy in regards to her idea that there was any honest time her father had right now.

2 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

I'm thinking of the "stages of grief" thingy in regards to her idea that there was any honest time her father had right now.

In very deed. There is a great deal to that, particularly in the case of old deep wounds that have never truly healed.

7 hours ago, partner555 said:
12 hours ago, Stature said:

Save the power for later

The only thing now is that they do not know that she has the hots for Elliot :demonicduck:

Are you referring to Susan or Diane? And please, don't answer "yes", that joke feels a bit overused lately.

Yes... :demonicduck:

But actually: Yes, both of them do have the hots for Elliot, but while Susan currently can't let someone in inside her armor, Diane is currently holding off from actively hunting him down because she doesn't want to butt in when he is in a relationship.

At least that's her official excuse to herself. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Diane never has had any relationship with a boy that wasn't built on his capability and willingness to spend money on her, and even then it probably never progressed beyond a kiss on the cheek. So it's entirely possible that she's almost as uncomfortable with a close personal relationship as Susan is...

On 12/7/2016 at 11:51 AM, Cpt. Obvious said:

At least that's her official excuse to herself. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Diane never has had any relationship with a boy that wasn't built on his capability and willingness to spend money on her, and even then it probably never progressed beyond a kiss on the cheek. So it's entirely possible that she's almost as uncomfortable with a close personal relationship as Susan is...

Or maybe boys really aren't Diane's thing? The closest thing to a “moment” Diane's had with anyone so far was with Charlotte.

On 12/8/2016 at 3:51 AM, Cpt. Obvious said:

Yes... 

Glad you saved the trouble :D

But I hafta say I am talking about Diane, considering the context we have. Think alike and love alike, they say.

So, Friday change of scene? :)

... oh, wait, Dan directly said this will continue.

On 12/07/2016 at 3:23 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

At least Diane hasn't forced the awkwardness by entering the Video Store to confront Susan on the job.  Yet.

Susan, you may not want to meet her right now, but it won't get better by waiting.

On the other hand, the chance of them meeting accidentally would go up. Even if Diane don't decide to "help" that accident ...

On 12/07/2016 at 8:51 PM, Cpt. Obvious said:

Definitely not. Even kiss on the cheek - and I think she got at least to full kiss - would be significantly more than what Susan is comfortable with.

Although I agree with possibility of Diane not being as ready for real relationship as she thinks she is.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

That doesn't really help dispel the "boys may not be Diane's thing" theory.  In fact it sort of adds to it.

That was actually agreeing with Tom.

In fact, we do know that Susan considered the possibility of being a lesbian to the point where she hoped Ellen zapping her would help with it. So if we were to place Susan on the Kinsey scale, she might be a 1 maybe a 2 like Sarah, Diane might also be 1 or 2.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Well, Diane was blushing with Rhoda.

No, I think she only started blushing when Grace also hugged her.

BTW, another think Susan would hardly be able to survive.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

In fact, we do know that Susan considered the possibility of being a lesbian to the point where she hoped Ellen zapping her would help with it. So if we were to place Susan on the Kinsey scale, she might be a 1 maybe a 2 like Sarah, Diane might also be 1 or 2.

No, she considered the possibility of BECOMING a lesbian. It was strictly rational though. (Also, I don't think she's ON Kinsey scale.)

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

That doesn't really help dispel the "boys may not be Diane's thing" theory.

Why? She can also be bisexual. Her "hopefully platonic " crush on Nanase also doesn't say anything about her liking or not liking boys.

Just now, hkmaly said:

No, I think she only started blushing when Grace also hugged her.

When Rhoda glomped Diane saying "Thank you!" Diane was clearly blushing, which continued even when Grace hugged her.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

No, she considered the possibility of BECOMING a lesbian. It was strictly rational though. (Also, I don't think she's ON Kinsey scale.)

Maybe, but she is still attracted to Elliot despite having issues with physical contact and being unsure if she even wants a relationship, she also thought "it could have been nice" to have gone on a date with Catalina. Then we have Susan's reaction to seeing Catalina kissing Elliot, and Justin's analysis of it. Sure, she likes to watch, but she's not focused on a particular gender for it.

15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Definitely not. Even kiss on the cheek - and I think she got at least to full kiss - would be significantly more than what Susan is comfortable with.

Although I agree with possibility of Diane not being as ready for real relationship as she thinks she is.

I'm speculating that Diane doesn't consider what happened when she was dating boys as personal. That was like a job to her. None of that was personal. However getting close to someone who she does have feelings for might be very scary for her as she then looses the control she's had in previous relationships. Letting someone inside her armor is scary. That armor has protected her from being hurt, but if she let someone in she's vulnerable. Besides she's probably afraid of what they would think of how she's used boys before. She's very intelligent, and is probably aware that a lot of people thinks that she's been a bitch the way she treated those boys. She's got a small group of friends whom she trusts, but she's got some shields in place even with them, keeping secret just how much they mean to her.

And that is what I meant by say that Diane might be uncomfortable with  close personal relationships. 

Maybe Susan and Diane share yet another trait.

Way back in Sister Part Un, Susan was shown crushing on girlified Elliot. Now, this was very early Susan; The Shive HImself has admitted that His conception of Susan has changed considerably since her early appearances. But...

• The only person Susan has ever been shown kissing (and perhaps approaching second base with) was Justin as a girl during Grace's birthday party.
  • Susan didn't show attraction to Elliot until after Elliot started turning into a girl quite often.
  • Susan has never had a romantic relationship with a boy. Neither has Diane; she just dates to get practice and get boys to spend money on her.
  • Diane doesn't seem to have given up on Elliot even though she's seen him turn into two different (and sexy) female forms.

I'm not married to this plot theory, but it does seem to have at least four legs. 

Of course, I'm at least going steady with the Other Woman Is Their Biological Mother theory.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

Did not notice that until you pointed that out.