• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
wanderingmagus

Story - Monday December 12, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2286

Looking at Panel Four I must ask, are we certain Susan is not related to Adrian and Pandora?

And there is nothing wrong with making a strong statement of belief, even if it is not appropriate to the situation.

IT IS TIME FOR AMERICA TO END HER ADDICTION TO KETCHUP AND EMBRACE SALSA, BARBECUE, AND SHRIMP COCKTAIL SAUCE.

Thank You.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
spelling

49 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Looking at Panel Four I must ask, are we certain Susan is not related to Adrian and Pandora?

Despite some emphatic assertions by others, I have never been certain of any such thing.

18 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:
1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Despite some emphatic assertions by others, I have never been certain of any such thing.

While Susan might not be related to Pandora through Adrian. There's still the possibility that Blaike had siblings to whom they're more directly related. This would make Adrian more of a cousin.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ah, yes, the second mirror revelation, way back in Death Sentence.

First mirror revelation, after Grace's birthday party, actually titled by The Shive The Other Woman With Susan's Face.

Cousins? Since Blaike has been dead for more than three hundred years--quite possibly a lot longer--very distant cousins. But Blaike might not have been the father of all Pandora's children. Ever wonder where those wacky twins Helen and Demetrius came from? Ever wonder the reason why Tedd's dad knows so much about Immortals?

This is also the end of part Part 6! Up next, Part 7, and the return of someone we haven't seen in a while...

Wait.  If this is the end of part 6 Factorial, shouldn't the next part be 721?

As for someone we haven't seen in a while?  We know Elliot is meeting Ashley soon, so that shouldn't need a tease.  Justin is the only member of the Mane Ate we haven't seen since before the pow wow with Edward Verres this morning.

But if this isn't a tease for Justin or Ashley....

Looking back, we really have seen a lot of the supporting EGS cast recently (if we call New Year's Eve and the current NP story recent).

So who haven't we seen in a while?

The Germahn Labs crew?  Magus?  Abraham?  Principal Verrückt?  Or, dare I ask, Phill?

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for someone we haven't seen in a while?  We know Elliot is meeting Ashley soon, so that shouldn't need a tease.  Justin is the only member of the Mane Ate we haven't seen since before the pow wow with Edward Verres this morning.

Looking back, we really have seen a lot of the supporting EGS cast recently (if we call New Year's Eve and the current NP story recent).

The Germahn Labs crew?  Magus?  Abraham?  Principal Verrückt?  Or, dare I ask, Phill?

We haven't seen Adrian (at least current time Adrian) since Death Sentence. And we know there's a plot in the process of being carried out against him. We've seen much of the Main Eight's side of things and while Justin hasn't been part of it, I don't see what bringing him in next would accomplish anything and we'll likely see him Monday anyway. If we're going to shift to another character I think Adrian would be it, Noah making an appearance would be likely as well, maybe we'll hear their opinion on what happened to Elliot at the mall?

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Adrian Raven is certain. We have less confidence :)

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

While Susan might not be related to Pandora through Adrian. There's still the possibility that Blaike had siblings to whom they're more directly related. This would make Adrian more of a cousin.

... some very persistent cousin (many times removed).

But yes, this makes more sense than Susan being elf without knowing.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

... you think Noriko left because she caught him cheating with Pandora? That would put completely different dimensions to Adrian's self-blame ...

Wait. How would that fit with Susan?

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:
15 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

We haven't seen Adrian (at least current time Adrian) since Death Sentence. And we know there's a plot in the process of being carried out against him. We've seen much of the Main Eight's side of things and while Justin hasn't been part of it, I don't see what bringing him in next would accomplish anything and we'll likely see him Monday anyway. If we're going to shift to another character I think Adrian would be it, Noah making an appearance would be likely as well, maybe we'll hear their opinion on what happened to Elliot at the mall?

Makes sense. I mean, while Ashley would be most likely to appear next, the fact Dan talks about "someone we haven't seen in a while" suggests either Adrian, Noah or maybe Sirleck. Or all of them.

We didn't see Magus for long time either, but he will likely appear with Ellen and she just was in this part, so ...

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Makes sense. I mean, while Ashley would be most likely to appear next, the fact Dan talks about "someone we haven't seen in a while" suggests either Adrian, Noah or maybe Sirleck. Or all of them.

Sirleck we saw at the end of So a Date, so he's already been recently seen.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

We didn't see Magus for long time either, but he will likely appear with Ellen and she just was in this part, so ...

Actually, it does make sense to see what Magus is up to as well since we haven't seen him since T-Minus: Dark Allegiance. This could potentially have a Sirleck appearance as well if Magus pays a visit to see if any progress has been made, though I wouldn't count on it or at the very least, Sirleck doesn't mention Adrian, because Magus would certainly point out that it's wrong.

Also I doubt Magus was watching any of them or else he would have seen Voltaire's little show, although he probably knows about the show at the mall. If he's aware of Voltaire's involvement at all, he's probably very suspicious of the Immortal.

Diffusion of responsibility? Not the keeper of my sister? Anyway, 

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

We didn't see Magus for long time either

We have not seen Terra for a longer time:demonicduck:

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Looks like several simultaneous new topic posts.

We will never learn not to do threefers again.

So who hasn't been seen for a “while”? A “while” in EGS can be a very, very long while in the world we are stuck in, but there are, as usual caveats. Does the “while” refer to just the main comics? Main comics plus canon NPs? Main plus any NPs? What about sketchbook appearances? Mall openings? Sides of milk cartons?

Anyway, here's my list of possible candidates:

• Principal Verrucht hasn't been seen since a flashback in Hammerchlorians. However, he's never seen when he's not at MNHS, so unless it's at least Monday, probably not yet.

• Lucy hasn't appeared in the main story since Family Ties, although she's made a cameo in Escape From the Mall.

• Rhoda only appeared briefly near the beginning of Squirrel Prophet, but she's had pretty much her own arc in Escape From the Mall. Pretty much the same applies to Catalina, although if Rhoda is with Diane, Catalina probably won't be.

• Ashley, obviously, since Elliot is supposed to be meeting with her. But maybe a little too obvious. We're pretty sure The Shive won't have stopped being a stinker by (our) Wednesday.

• Ashley's dad. He's never been seen; only heard speaking to Ashley-in-pigtails in a flashback. Almost the same applies to Ashley's mom, heard off-panel nagging Ashley to put on a coat for Heaven's sake, it's cold outside, you want to catch your death?!

• Liz. Liz would be nice. Liz is always nice to see. Wouldn't you like to see Elliot coming to Ashley and finding Liz with her?

• Bad Tom. Wouldn't you like to see Elliot beating up Bad Tom? Especially with Liz joining in?

• Good Tom. All that's needed is a puppy in peril. Splendid opportunity for mistaken identity; I don't think Elliot has met either Tom yet.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If the Mystery Guest is supposed to appear in Part Seven, it depends on where and when it will be set. If it's still Sunday, most likely the next part will begin with Elliot getting together with Ashley or Susan meeting Diane. Only people who know either Ashley or Diane would naturally fit. Adrian does know Diane, but I doubt he would bring Noah along since Adrian and Noah have gone to some trouble to keep Noah's powers secret, and Adrian hasn't shown great trust in Diane's judgement. And as far as we know Adrian would only know about the Mall incident from the media, which didn't feature Diane at all. Ditto with Justin; he's probably talked some with Nanase and/or Ellen a bit, but if he was at the mall, wouldn't he would have butted in.

On the other hand, if we skip over the Ashley-Elliot conference to the next school day at Moperville South, Justin, Noah, and Adrian are all readily available.

Or maybe Sirleck will begin raining hell down on Moperville.

24 minutes ago, Scotty said:
40 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Sirleck we saw at the end of So a Date, so he's already been recently seen.

Right.

24 minutes ago, Scotty said:
41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, it does make sense to see what Magus is up to as well since we haven't seen him since T-Minus: Dark Allegiance. This could potentially have a Sirleck appearance as well if Magus pays a visit to see if any progress has been made, though I wouldn't count on it or at the very least, Sirleck doesn't mention Adrian, because Magus would certainly point out that it's wrong.

Also I doubt Magus was watching any of them or else he would have seen Voltaire's little show, although he probably knows about the show at the mall. If he's aware of Voltaire's involvement at all, he's probably very suspicious of the Immortal.

He is unlikely to watch them now, yes. Especially with Helena and Demetrius watching. But WHEN he appears in comics, it will likely be because his plan progressed enough Helena and Demetrius are distracted and he can try to do something with Ellen.

26 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
  • Bad Tom. Wouldn't you like to see Elliot beating up Bad Tom? Especially with Liz joining in?

• Good Tom. All that's needed is a puppy in peril. Splendid opportunity for mistaken identity; I don't think Elliot has met either Tom yet.

Unlikely.

26 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Or maybe Sirleck will begin raining hell down on Moperville.

That may be reason why we will see Noah and Adrian.

2 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

If the Mystery Guest is supposed to appear in Part Seven, it depends on where and when it will be set. If it's still Sunday, most likely the next part will begin with Elliot getting together with Ashley or Susan meeting Diane. Only people who know either Ashley or Diane would naturally fit. Adrian does know Diane, but I doubt he would bring Noah along since Adrian and Noah have gone to some trouble to keep Noah's powers secret, and Adrian hasn't shown great trust in Diane's judgement. And as far as we know Adrian would only know about the Mall incident from the media, which didn't feature Diane at all. Ditto with Justin; he's probably talked some with Nanase and/or Ellen a bit, but if he was at the mall, wouldn't he would have butted in.

We could still see Adrian outside of school, because we have, We know Adrian doesn't live far from the Verres' household as well so it wouldn't be difficult to cut to him.

When Dan says it's someone we haven't seen in a while, I'm thinking he's talking about someone that hasn't made an appearance in actual years, not just story arcs. we could go back nearly 5 years and we have the begining of the "Summer" story arc and there isn't anyone from then that hasn't been recently seen. Go back one year to the "9001% Serious" arc and we see the last actual appearances of Noah and Adrian. Another year to "Bringing Silly Back" and we have the last appearances of Magus and Melissa (unless you count Melissa's more recent NP appearance). Going back further and yeah, you get Abraham whom Pandora had warned Magus about possibly getting in the way, but I think the chances of seeing him again would be higher if Magus actually gets Ellen to zap Elliot and Magus uses the diamond. The only other notable characters further back would be Grace's siblings, Lord Tedd, Nioi and Kaoli and I don't think any of them would fit in this arc.

25 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

On the other hand, if we skip over the Ashley-Elliot conference to the next school day at Moperville South, Justin, Noah, and Adrian are all readily available.

I don't think Dan would skip over Edward meeting Ashley (if Ashley is going to be filled in on Elliot's cover story Edward will be there), We'll either have part 7 take place earlier in the day, or it runs simultaneously while Tedd, Grace and Sarah do their thing and Ellen, Nanase and Susan do theirs, then we might cut back to Elliot and Ashley which also happens in the same timeframe. June 7th contained "Power Fantasy" "Rocks Fall..." "Nepotism" and "Hair" so I can see Dan cramming several threads into one day again.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2286

And there is nothing wrong with making a strong statement of belief, even if it is not appropriate to the situation.

Possibly, by way of Blaike's family tree but there is no way she is a direct descendant of Pandora or Adrian.

Why I love (platonically) Susan number XXXVII

Gives two valid rational reasons to not jump off to possible weirdness, but does it anyway because her friends think she should.

7 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Why I love (platonically) Susan number XXXVII

Gives two valid rational reasons to not jump off to possible weirdness, but does it anyway

Is this jumping to weirdness on list?

8 minutes ago, mlooney said:

because her friends think she should.

You think?

I don't think that's the reason, or at least not only reason.

She might agree to help her because she don't wish what happened to her even to her enemy ... and Diane is not her enemy.

Or she might agree to meet her (and not necessary help) because trying to avoid her would be hard and better to at least pretend to do it voluntary instead of waiting when Diane decides to meet her "accidentally".

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

She might agree to help her because she don't wish what happened to her even to her enemy ... and Diane is not her enemy.

That would be reason XXXVIII.  Doing what is right, even if it's personally painful.  She is the Captain and a hero.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think that's the reason, or at least not only reason.

She's going because her friends think it's important that she meets Diane, but she's basically made it clear that she can't just immediately treat a complete stranger like her sister just because she's (maybe) related to her.  Ellen and Elliot had it easier in that they have shared memories and Elliot could easily say that the two of them literally grew up together so there's that kind of bond between them. At most for Susan and Diane, Susan knows nothing about Diane beyond what Ellen and Nanase just told her, Diane kind of knows a bit about Susan from the review show, but not much personal stuff aside from Susan's love of Star Trek. It will be interesting to see how Susan reacts when she finds out Diane wrote those comments about the rumors about Elliot. I think that will be a plus in Diane's favor for Susan accepting her, but there might still be some negatives, like if Diane is still obsessed with dating Elliot.

Panel-By-Panel Review! ...mostly because my slow Internet means I'm only staring at the first three panels right now and the rest of the page hasn't loaded. So, let's see how things go.

(pre-typed yesterday in MS OneNote; the only edit since copy/pasting it here was this sentence)

Panel 1: beat

Panel 2: Sounds promising...

Panel 3: O.O Never mind. ...and the worst thing is, I agree with her.

Also, the back to the camera pose. Hiding the transition of her facial expression, but there's just enough body language to show how tense she is.

Panel 4: "No one is obligated-" Page needs to load more. *clicks refresh*

Also there's stress lines.

*picture turns into the "image not loaded" icon*

*commentary is suddenly a lot closer to the top of the page*

Commentary: "Eh, ain't I a stink-" LA LA LA NOT FINISHING READING IT UNTIL THE PAGE LOADS PROPERLY MOVING ON

Panel 4: "...genetics alone" FINISH LOADING ALREADY!

Panel 4: COME ON, PAGE! UGH!

There we go.

...Wow, she is pissed.

Panel 5: And they are stunned. Unsurprisingly.

Basically this whole conversation is "Hey, there's someone you've never met who looks just like you and is probably your sister. You should totally be buddies." "But that means Dad cheated or Mom lied...or both." "But buuuuddieeees!" "NO!"

Susan: "The only family I care about is my mother."

Panel 6: ...GODDAMMIT INTERNET LET ME LOOK AT THE LAST FRIKKIN' PANEL! I saw the word "Then" in a bigger font and italicized. That's not good.

Show of hands: how strained is their friendship going to be after this? ...wait. I mean how many thinks they're not gonna be on speaking terms for a bit? Or something. I dunno. Brain, cooperate here.

Brain: *shrug*

Oh you're no help.

Panel 6: *le page didn't load and went to the "image not found" thing*

*sigh*

*refresh*

And while we wait for that, let's hear a word from our sponsor. Jim?

Jim: "Potatoes. Potatoes. Potatoes. Potatoes. Everybody eats potatoes."

...I need to fire my marketing guy.

FINISH LOADING ALREADY!

Show of hands: how many of you find this post hilarious? I'm not editing this (except maybe spelling); these are my reactions and spur-of-the-moment thoughts. Including the absurd. My mind is weird.

Panel 6: "Anyway, I'll meet Diane." ...WELL THAT WAS A TWIST. I'm agreeing with the meddlers here. That was unexpected.

Panel 7: ...oookay.

...hmm... She feels strongly about what she said. What did she say?

"I am certain Diane would agree with me...when I say there is more to family than blood! NO ONE IS OBLIGATED TO ANOTHER BY GENETICS ALONE!"

Idea. Does she want Diane to drop it? Does she want Diane to stop thinking of this as important since she's not "family"? Susan and Diane weren't raised together, and Susan's words imply that means she doesn't consider her family.

Or is it something else? 'Obligated'. Is the vampire deal something to do with it? (wow, grammar).

Or is... Wait, maybe she's going to meet Diane because...of her father? She's not obligated to him either. Not obligated to trust him (or past-him) implicitly, and is going to look into things personally.

Or, again, does she just wanna yell at Diane? Susan once saw her reflection as that of the Other Woman. Diane has the same face and the right hair color. But then that would be yelling at someone for something that isn't their fault...but Susan's also a teenager, and this is a sensitive and personal matter, so she might not think clearly on that matter.

Wait, I need to read the commentary.

Commentary: ...alright. Sure. I don't really have much to react to here.

Anyway, back to the analysis.

...actually I'm out of speculations :demonicduck:

17 minutes ago, Zorua said:

Panel-By-Panel Review! ...mostly because my slow Internet means I'm only staring at the first three panels right now and the rest of the page hasn't loaded. So, let's see how things go.

(pre-typed yesterday in MS OneNote; the only edit since copy/pasting it here was this sentence)

Panel 1: beat

Panel 2: Sounds promising...

Panel 3: O.O Never mind. ...and the worst thing is, I agree with her.

Also, the back to the camera pose. Hiding the transition of her facial expression, but there's just enough body language to show how tense she is.

Panel 4: "No one is obligated-" Page needs to load more. *clicks refresh*

Also there's stress lines.

*picture turns into the "image not loaded" icon*

*commentary is suddenly a lot closer to the top of the page*

Commentary: "Eh, ain't I a stink-" LA LA LA NOT FINISHING READING IT UNTIL THE PAGE LOADS PROPERLY MOVING ON

Panel 4: "...genetics alone" FINISH LOADING ALREADY!

Panel 4: COME ON, PAGE! UGH!

There we go.

...Wow, she is pissed.

Panel 5: And they are stunned. Unsurprisingly.

Basically this whole conversation is "Hey, there's someone you've never met who looks just like you and is probably your sister. You should totally be buddies." "But that means Dad cheated or Mom lied...or both." "But buuuuddieeees!" "NO!"

Susan: "The only family I care about is my mother."

Panel 6: ...GODDAMMIT INTERNET LET ME LOOK AT THE LAST FRIKKIN' PANEL! I saw the word "Then" in a bigger font and italicized. That's not good.

Show of hands: how strained is their friendship going to be after this? ...wait. I mean how many thinks they're not gonna be on speaking terms for a bit? Or something. I dunno. Brain, cooperate here.

Brain: *shrug*

Oh you're no help.

Panel 6: *le page didn't load and went to the "image not found" thing*

*sigh*

*refresh*

And while we wait for that, let's hear a word from our sponsor. Jim?

Jim: "Potatoes. Potatoes. Potatoes. Potatoes. Everybody eats potatoes."

...I need to fire my marketing guy.

FINISH LOADING ALREADY!

Show of hands: how many of you find this post hilarious? I'm not editing this (except maybe spelling); these are my reactions and spur-of-the-moment thoughts. Including the absurd. My mind is weird.

Panel 6: "Anyway, I'll meet Diane." ...WELL THAT WAS A TWIST. I'm agreeing with the meddlers here. That was unexpected.

Panel 7: ...oookay.

...hmm... She feels strongly about what she said. What did she say?

"I am certain Diane would agree with me...when I say there is more to family than blood! NO ONE IS OBLIGATED TO ANOTHER BY GENETICS ALONE!"

Idea. Does she want Diane to drop it? Does she want Diane to stop thinking of this as important since she's not "family"? Susan and Diane weren't raised together, and Susan's words imply that means she doesn't consider her family.

Or is it something else? 'Obligated'. Is the vampire deal something to do with it? (wow, grammar).

Or is... Wait, maybe she's going to meet Diane because...of her father? She's not obligated to him either. Not obligated to trust him (or past-him) implicitly, and is going to look into things personally.

Or, again, does she just wanna yell at Diane? Susan once saw her reflection as that of the Other Woman. Diane has the same face and the right hair color. But then that would be yelling at someone for something that isn't their fault...but Susan's also a teenager, and this is a sensitive and personal matter, so she might not think clearly on that matter.

Wait, I need to read the commentary.

Commentary: ...alright. Sure. I don't really have much to react to here.

Anyway, back to the analysis.

...actually I'm out of speculations :demonicduck:

Well, that escalated quickly. ;)