• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
wanderingmagus

Story - Monday December 12, 2016

2 hours ago, Zorua said:

Susan: "The only family I care about is my mother."

That may have been Susan's true feelings ten months ago in Moperville time, on the first day of mandatory skirts for girls. But Susan does have cousins she cares about, likely the children of that sister that Susan's mother went to visit because she'd broken her leg, giving Susan's dad the opportunity to pull the dumb-ass move of bringing his girlfriend to his house when Susan was home, thereby probably providing an anecdote for divorce lawyers that's probably universal by now, and narrowly missing a Darwin Award.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

Diane kind of knows a bit about Susan from the review show, but not much personal stuff aside from Susan's love of Star Trek.

... what more personal stuff there is to know about Susan? :)

(Yes, I know, they cut out the most personal bit. Presumably.)

5 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

She said the CARTOONS were not awful. Nothing about the cousins :)

16 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
28 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

She said the CARTOONS were not awful. Nothing about the cousins 

Yeah, "not awful" cartoons

Still, she evaluated the cartoons, not the cousins.

17 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

She was talking about them hugging (situation), not about them (persons).

40 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

The point I'm making is that both Susan and Diane like to keep a reserved demeanor, and are embarrassed when they show unrestrained emotions--except anger.

This wasn't anger. It also wasn't true emotion, but still, I don't think anger have specific exception: it's just that displaying anger won't actually reveal anything which could make them vulnerable.

(Note that I agree this seem to be something they share.)

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

... what more personal stuff there is to know about Susan? :)

I'm mainly talking about how catching her father with another woman affected how Susan viewed herself and men most of her life.

Also Diane thinks that they're twins and both adopted, I'm hoping that Ellen and Nanase updates her before the meeting so it'll be less awkward. Of course it'll still be awkward but the chance of Diane putting her foot in her mouth would be lower.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Also Diane thinks that they're twins and both adopted, I'm hoping that Ellen and Nanase updates her before the meeting so it'll be less awkward. Of course it'll still be awkward but the chance of Diane putting her foot in her mouth would be lower.

I'm putting the Awkwardness level at a full Chrissy-Roper with three Furleys.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Yes, of course. Hence the ":)". But the Star Trek seems more personal to her.

Probably, I wouldn't be surprised though if Susan started watching it shortly after catching her father as well and it because a way for her to escape the drama of the divorce and such. It is canon that Susan wears a Star Trek shirt when she's upset and she was preoccupied with thoughts of her father when she wore one.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yes, of course. Hence the ":)". But the Star Trek seems more personal to her.

Probably, I wouldn't be surprised though if Susan started watching it shortly after catching her father as well and it because a way for her to escape the drama of the divorce and such. It is canon that Susan wears a Star Trek shirt when she's upset and she was preoccupied with thoughts of her father when she wore one.

... how old was she when she caught her father again?

22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... how old was she when she caught her father again?

Old enough that Star Trek TNG would have been in syndication for at least a decade? ;)

Seriously though, she was probably 4-6 years old, I was 7 when TNG first aired on TV and I watched it with my mom, so it isn't much of a stretch for Susan to watch it when she was a year or so younger.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:
27 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

.. how old was she when she caught her father again?

Old enough that Star Trek TNG would have been in syndication for at least a decade? ;)

That wasn't what I meant, although with the weird progress of time in EGS (as visible on the phones), even this can be an issue ...

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Seriously though, she was probably 4-6 years old, I was 7 when TNG first aired on TV and I watched it with my mom, so it isn't much of a stretch for Susan to watch it when she was a year or so younger.

She can watch it at any age, but I don't think it can have that strong effect on her at age of 4. 7, maybe.

20 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That wasn't what I meant, although with the weird progress of time in EGS (as visible on the phones), even this can be an issue ...

She can watch it at any age, but I don't think it can have that strong effect on her at age of 4. 7, maybe.

Infidel. I watched Sesame Street at the age of four. I shall forevermore remember Big Bird confronted with the most remarkable word he'd ever seen.

21 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Infidel. I watched Sesame Street at the age of four. I shall forevermore remember Big Bird confronted with the most remarkable word he'd ever seen.

Cool!  I don't know if I missed that one, or just forgot it, but it's a fun one!  And that's more like the Sesame Street I remember; when I try watching it now, an awful lot has changed beyond recognition.  Why, I hear Mister Snuffleupagus is no longer Big Bird's imaginary friend that no one else can see!

My guesstimate of how old Tiffany was when she caught her father cheating was five. She was carrying down a book for her dad to read to her, probably a children's version rather than a big volume of the very grim Grimm's Fairy Tales. Four is a bit too young to understand the no-no of mommy or daddy getting naked with someone who isn't mommy or daddy, and Tiffany/Susan being very smart would probably have started reading on her own quite early--in fact, insisted on it as soon as she could.

BTW, I read Moby Dick in Third Grade before anyone told me it was supposed to be work.