• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday December 14, 2016

2 hours ago, mlooney said:
15 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I think most cat food cans I've seen are too light to be steel.  They're aluminum with a lining on the inside.  My parents' dog used to get ahold of empty ones and she could dent them, or even put holes in them, fairly easily.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Case closed.

Most dogs are bigger, and therefore stronger than cats. Plus, to the best of my knowledge, cats don't have the teeth/jaw combination that canines do, because breaking up bones isn't part of their diet.

What about hedgehogs, do they have that combination? :)

Remember Ijuin:

On 12/29/2016 at 4:01 PM, ijuin said:

I don't really know of any carnivores capable of biting through steel cans without lacerating their own gums. All of the animals I know of who do engage in such behavior possess rodent teeth (e.g. rats).

Obviously, dogs ARE carnivores.

Maybe normal cats don't have the strength and/or teeth/jaw combination, but it's not something impossible. Either hedgehog genes make it better, or maybe Jeremy doesn't mix JUST cat and hedgehog. Or it's not DOMESTIC cat.

It's also possible that it's harder for him than for CritterKeeper's dog.

(It's also possible CritterKeeper's dog is dachshund or even Chihuahua and the note about dogs being bigger that cat is funny in this case.)

After much wiki diving, Jeremy and Max are either larger than normal domistic cats mixed with hedgehog DNA, normal sized Jungle cats with the hedgehog DNA or a puma (mountain lion) that mixing with the hedgehog DNA really reduce their size.  All the other options are either bobtailed, way too big or too small.

11 minutes ago, mlooney said:

After much wiki diving, Jeremy and Max are either larger than normal domistic cats mixed with hedgehog DNA, normal sized Jungle cats with the hedgehog DNA or a puma (mountain lion) that mixing with the hedgehog DNA really reduce their size.  All the other options are either bobtailed, way too big or too small.

DNA ratios could be a factor as well, like more cat DNA over hedgehog DNA could explain Jeremy and Max being more feline.

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

DNA ratios could be a factor as well, like more cat DNA over hedgehog DNA could explain Jeremy and Max being more feline.

I assumed more cat than hedgehog due to their behavior, diet and general size.  Hedgehogs are freaking tiny. The two "small" cats I mentioned are the only ones in the right weight range and we would have to assume that the hedgehog DNA reduced the puma weight by 75% or so.  An adult male puma weight is in the 120 lb range.

4 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I assumed more cat than hedgehog due to their behavior, diet and general size.  Hedgehogs are freaking tiny. The two "small" cats I mentioned are the only ones in the right weight range and we would have to assume that the hedgehog DNA reduced the puma weight by 75% or so.  An adult male puma weight is in the 120 lb range.

Hedge is 75% human, 25% hedgehog, it's pretty safe to say the hedgehog DNA doesn't dictate size for him,

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Hedge is 75% human, 25% hedgehog, it's pretty safe to say the hedgehog DNA doesn't dictate size for him,

15 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Likewise, Guineas is supposed to be 50% guinea pig DNA, but both his human and hybrid forms seem to be around two hundred pounds.

That does tend rule out the mini-puma theory.  Which means either they genetically un bobbed their tails so they are a member of gunus Lynx or they are domistic cats or Jungle cats.

19 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Something like the P-38 or Church Key?

P-38 must be quite effective in opening cans. :)

18 hours ago, mlooney said:

I like the puma idea.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Likewise, Guineas is supposed to be 50% guinea pig DNA, but both his human and hybrid forms seem to be around two hundred pounds.

Grace had supposedly same weight in all her forms prior to using TF gun ...

21 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Could we genetically engineer one or more claws of a cat, dog, or bird to function like a can opener?  Something like the P-38 or Church Key?

Pharaoh, stop. Just stop. If you continue along that line of thought, you know you will sooner or later start on the idea of using crocodile or hippopotamus DNA to increase feline jaw power. And I do not see that ending well.

19 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Pharaoh, stop. Just stop. If you continue along that line of thought, you know you will sooner or later start on the idea of using crocodile or hippopotamus DNA to increase feline jaw power. And I do not see that ending well.

Syd:  Sharks, Alligator
Max: Snapping turtle, Hippo, Orca

2016-09-22-GP0460.jpg

I think I have reached a point that between xkcd, Girl Genius, EGS, The Whiteboard, Schlock Mercenary, and Grrl Power I can reply to almost any thing with a comic and be close to on topic.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

P-38 must be quite effective in opening cans. :)

Not that one.  This one.

One of the best pieces of military hardware ever made.

I though that's AK-47. Oh, wait, "one of". Still, I had one and tried to open can with it, so I disagree. On the other hand, I wasn't in trench, maybe it works better there.

38 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I think I have reached a point that between xkcd, Girl Genius, EGS, The Whiteboard, Schlock Mercenary, and Grrl Power I can reply to almost any thing with a comic and be close to on topic.

And that's just few comics. Imagine how a vampire who spent centuries reading stuff feels ... anything will remind him something he read.

(Hmmm ... did I saw vampire like that somewhere?)

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Syd:  Sharks, Alligator
Max: Snapping turtle, Hippo, Orca

I can recall a T-shirt along those lines, claiming that the wearer had had many conversations made up entirely of quotes from TV and movies.  "It's like living on Darmok!"