• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

Forum interface fixes: Greasemonkey-wrapped custom stylesheet

On 02/01/2017 at 5:49 PM, Don Edwards said:

Also, a line of text near the bottom of the page, showing the path to the current page, is in white on a pale blue - thus barely detectable, let alone readable.

I think there's also some other text on the same line, right-justified.

Er... just to ensure we're seeing the same thing, this is what it looks like to me, using the Greasemonkey fixes:

[images moved to first post]

Edited by HarJIT

Hm... I discovered that, somehow, GreaseMonkey had gotten disabled, and then within it this script had also gotten disabled.

Might have been a side effect of me attempting to remove a previous version before installing a new version (and this is the only script in it).

So, with it enabled again, that line is showing up visibly.

I think I have mobile-site support (using e.g. Tampermonkey for Android) sorted out.  Whether this is the case or no, I have sorted out the formatting of the blog pages.  Current version.

Some concern has been raised regarding malware scanner reports on the catbox.moe filehost I was using for images.  While I would say not to panic unduely (this was likely a matter of other people uploading unrelated malicious downloads, rather than the host or images themselves being malicious), I have rehosted the logo to Imgur as a matter of caution.

Revised version.

I took the redirect for files.catbox.moe out of my hosts file, thinking that it'd been fixed in your Greasemonkey script. Almost immediately, I got another virus warning from that same URL. Something is still fetching files from or at least trying to access that site, I think.

(BTW, files.catbox.moe went back to 127.0.0.1 in my hosts file.)

18 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I took the redirect for files.catbox.moe out of my hosts file, thinking that it'd been fixed in your Greasemonkey script. Almost immediately, I got another virus warning from that same URL. Something is still fetching files from or at least trying to access that site, I think.

Huh…

Well, the current version contains no references to it that I can find, so either that's unrelated or it didn't update properly.

I did neglect to bump the version number, so I have now done so.  Still, I'd advise deleting the script to ensure that no older version lingers, checking that nothing of the sort still occurs, possibly clearing cache if it does (though I don't see why it would), and re-installing it from here (or, you know what, I'll just link the Gist preview in future so I don't have to keep posting updated permalinks…).

On 23/03/2017 at 2:11 PM, ProfessorTomoe said:

I've went through my recent posts and rehosted several images.  Took me long enough to realise that was probably the problem.

I think the latest Greasemonkey update may have introduced a small cosmetic bug into the way your script functions. When a forum loads, it loads with all of the posts purple at first. After the brief purple flash, they finally settle down to the way they're supposed to look. Disturbing, to say the least. Not sure if you can do anything about it, but I thought you'd at least like to know about it.

This is not a computer speed issue, BTW. I'm running an i7-6700HQ quad-core laptop with 16GB RAM. It's an Intel Skylake processor, which means it's got Intel 530HD graphics, switching with a GeForce GTX 970M processor.

4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I think the latest Greasemonkey update may have introduced a small cosmetic bug into the way your script functions. When a forum loads, it loads with all of the posts purple at first. After the brief purple flash, they finally settle down to the way they're supposed to look. Disturbing, to say the least. Not sure if you can do anything about it, but I thought you'd at least like to know about it.

This is not a computer speed issue, BTW. I'm running an i7-6700HQ quad-core laptop with 16GB RAM. It's an Intel Skylake processor, which means it's got Intel 530HD graphics, switching with a GeForce GTX 970M processor.

I've made some adjustments to try and make the colour override for the post backgrounds kick in faster, does this help?

3 hours ago, HarJIT said:

I have adjusted the styling in response to the recent forum upgrade.

Seems to be working on Firefox Current on a Linux (Ub16.0.4) box.

[edit] Edit works

:happy: