• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

Forum interface fixes: Greasemonkey-wrapped custom stylesheet

(Originally posted link.)Latest version (Click "Raw" to install).

Edit: For now, use Tampermonkey for Firefox Quantum.

Notes:

• Edit: you might need to specifically enable the script following installation.
  • This is CSS-based.  It is minimally wrapped for Greasemonkey (edit: or Tampermonkey) use but this could easily be removed leaving a CSS file.  Instructions in a comment.
  • This is only intended for the desktop site.  I don't know what it would do to the mobile site. Mobile should work now, using e.g. Tampermonkey for Android.
  • As well as fixing things which are visibly broken, this custom stylesheet is partially influenced by pre-crash styling (drawn from the Wayback Machine) in aspects where I feel the interface never re-achieved its former merit.  Aspects which are better post-crash have been retained.
  • This incorporates the white-text editor fix.  There should be no need to install both.
  • If the site changes so as to break this custom styling, disable/remove it.
  • Edit: I should probably mention that I have not exhaustively tested the effects of this, but they seem good so far.

Screenshots:

3l697k.png10s4b1.pngreclzj.pngbhbdvx.png

Edited by HarJIT
Fix broken link.

35 minutes ago, HarJIT said:

Here.

Notes:

• This is CSS-based.  It is minimally wrapped for Greasemonkey use but this could easily be removed leaving a CSS file.  Instructions in a comment.
  • This is only intended for the desktop site.  I don't know what it would do to the mobile site.
  • As well as fixing things which are visibly broken, this custom stylesheet is partially influenced by pre-crash styling (drawn from the Wayback Machine) in aspects where I feel the interface never re-achieved its former merit.  Aspects which are better post-crash have been retained.
  • This incorporates the white-text editor fix.  There should be no need to install both.
  • If the site changes so as to break this custom styling, disable/remove it.
  • Edit: I should probably mention that I have not exhaustively tested the effects of this, but they seem good so far.

Testing it now on Firefox 50.0.2 on OS X

[Edit]  Seems to be doing The Right Thing.

I've made some adjustments so that the "Contact Us" in the footer, and the text of left panels on profile pages, are no longer near-camouflaged. Latest version.

Edited by HarJIT
Not latest any longer, see below or original post.

Update (yes, I know it's only been five hours since the last one, sorry about that): New latest version.  Turns out that the rules for stopping the camouflaging of the left side bars on profile pages were in turn causing the complete camouflaging of the text of the right sidebar on the main 910CMX homepage.

To be honest, I don't know if anyone here actually uses the latter (whereas I know that people do view profiles), but I've further specified the selectors, which fixes the problem.

On 12/14/2016 at 10:53 AM, HarJIT said:
  • I should probably mention that I have not exhaustively tested the effects of this, but they seem good so far.

Edited by HarJIT

The "Quote This" when you highlight a block of text is invisible.

Also getting a problem with the Size pull-down in the edit window. The shades of blue and black are so close that the numbers are unreadable unless you roll over them, at which point the choices look like pushbuttons (at least they're readable then).

On 19/12/2016 at 7:17 AM, mlooney said:

The "Quote This" when you highlight a block of text is invisible

On 19/12/2016 at 3:09 PM, ProfessorTomoe said:

Also getting a problem with the Size pull-down in the edit window. The shades of blue and black are so close that the numbers are unreadable unless you roll over them, at which point the choices look like pushbuttons (at least they're readable then)

Fixed

As an aside, who uses iframes for pull-down lists?  Who????

12 hours ago, PSadlon said:

Noted I'll adjust the stylish style later when I get the time.

Before you do that, I've noticed that making the size dropdown numbers white conceals them when they're moused over, so I've essentially inverted that issue.  I'll try and work on that.

Edited by HarJIT

On 21/12/2016 at 11:59 AM, HarJIT said:

Before you do that, I've noticed that making the size dropdown numbers white conceals them when they're moused over, so I've essentially inverted that issue.  I'll try and work on that.

Updated version.

I've noticed that some changes seem to have been made to how sidebars show up on profile pages.  While this is positive in general, it does not play well with my existing fixes, causing all the text to completely camouflage.  I have therefore redone my profile page fixing, as well as taking the opportunity to sort out the settings page while I was at it.  Current version.

@HarJIT :  Have you experienced any problems with the emoticon feature in the editor? I'm getting the blue bars with black text for the categories, but I can't see any of the emoticons. There's not even anything there to click on. Anything you can do for this, if it's an actual problem?

Thanks!

The forum's graphical emoticons: :) (that's supposed to show up as an image).

Textual emoticon: :) (works unsurprisingly).

(I tried an emoji as well, but got "The value entered includes a character that is not allowed such as an Emoji." on submitting.)

The problem is that the forum's graphical emoticons went missing.  Like the avatars and gallery.

The same could be said of the banner image, but as it is one image which appears on every page it was fairly straightforward to find an archived copy of it and host it on Catbox.

Further complication is that even if I would put enough time and effort into getting them all to show up from an external host using CSS (which still wouldn't fix the selector), they would still show up as BBCode alt-text to everyone else.  Like: :danshiftyeyes::demonicduck: .

While I suspect that it would be possible to monkey-patch the editor with JavaScript, I'm not volunteering.

Nonetheless, here's an externally hosted Demonic Duck to be copy/pasted: :demonicduck:

Also, a line of text near the bottom of the page, showing the path to the current page, is in white on a pale blue - thus barely detectable, let alone readable.

I think there's also some other text on the same line, right-justified.