• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

What are you reading right now?

On 3/19/2016 at 9:34 PM, partner555 said:

What did you read that was so funny?

On 3/19/2016 at 9:08 PM, Stature said:

(six-word stories.)

Just about it.

This forum, procrastinating on my chemistry.
Other than that, EGS (*cough*), a couple fanfictions, and about a thousand webcomics

Edited by Wildcat
To make a six word story

On March 20, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Someone on this forum mentioned Worm. I had never heard of it, so I Googled around until I found it. Now, nothing else matters.

You are that "someone" for me, and my day off just got eaten by that series!

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

You are that "someone" for me, and my day off just got eaten by that series!

I just thought of how amazing the main character's power would be for disease prevention alone. Take the Zika outbreak, for example. She could shield an entire city from it, or alternately, by moving from area to area, vastly reduce the possibility of spread by making all the mosquitoes in a given zone suicide or something. Like making them all fly into a confined area with an insect toxin in it.

19 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I just thought of how amazing the main character's power would be for disease prevention alone. Take the Zika outbreak, for example. She could shield an entire city from it, or alternately, by moving from area to area, vastly reduce the possibility of spread by making all the mosquitoes in a given zone suicide or something. Like making them all fly into a confined area with an insect toxin in it.

I get the feeling she's developing a more ecological view of things, maybe even a connection to her bugs of the sort B has with her dogs.  I'm only starting Tangle 6.1, though, so I could be mistaken.  (Please don't spoil it either way.)

The various "Black Tokyo/Otherverse America/Galactic Command/PSI-Watch" d20 Modern splat books.

Several of these make me feel unclean.  He (all written and illustrated by the same dude) has some good ideas, if you can just, well, take the sex out of it.   And not just sexy sex.  Some of his spells, for example, require the caster to use her menstrual blood as part of the spell.  And it has to be fresh, non of this assuming it's in your spell components pouch.  Plus monster (both male and female) that have attack/defense forms based on their genitalia.   \

The Black Tokyo series, is almost like some one read FATAL and said "Hey, I could make a playable game out of this"  I suspect I'm going to be grabbing quite a lot of PSI-Watch, lesser amounts of Galactic Command, bits and bobs from Otherverse America and very little from Black Tokyo.

Project [redacted] is a game that takes place in one universe, but each part of the universe has differing tech level and local monsters, with some things that are the same through out the setting and some things that are isolated to one or two parts.   It's core is the Mongoose Traveller SRD mixed with the SRD5 and great chunks of d20 Modern OGL stuff.   Problem is Mr. Fields is the only person putting out new or newish d20 modern, and I flat out hate the Pathfinder Modern paths and the parts I would need in T-20 (Traveller under the d20 license or it's direct decedent SciFi20) are, by name, not open game content.  This leaves me with either a whole not more design work than I want or wading through a set of splat books based either on the 2nd American Civil war being about abortion (and a whole setting based on that) or a set of splat books based on horror hentai. 
Creepy horror hentai at that.

I have a good dozen or so books in various states of neglect, and I'm behind on my comic pull. I think I'll return to The Art of Happiness and Ramage's Diamond soon.

The Infinite Loops fanfictions. Specifically the "restore the Puella Magi Madoka Magica universe" snippets on the Spacebattles forums. I think I'm gonna stop waiting for updates on fanfiction.net (which very rarely happens) and stick to reading the forum where the actual updates are.