• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Friday December 16, 2016

How far did they get via Tall Disguise Rhoda's Confident Walk?

is there a secluded corner where the size changes may occur without drawing notice from the mall inhabitants?

Would Rhoda or Catalina know they can go to Mall Security and request "Code Spooky" assistance?

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

... are those trees? Are they already outside?

I think they're still inside. They were inside here, and it had shrubbery.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

So yes the resizing enchantments started cancelling each other.

I am rather confused as to why it would be gradual though, I guess maybe because Catalina's in the pocket still and Magic's giving them a chance for her to get out before any damage is done, but it's still weird that it'd be like that.

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:
22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... are those trees? Are they already outside?

I think they're still inside. They were inside here, and it had shrubbery.

... actually, that looks like EXACTLY the same place. Which means they didn't get so far ...

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:
22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

So yes the resizing enchantments started cancelling each other.

I am rather confused as to why it would be gradual though, I guess maybe because Catalina's in the pocket still and Magic's giving them a chance for her to get out before any damage is done, but it's still weird that it'd be like that.

I'm not. Gradual change make sense if the enchantments are linked and are just averaging.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

So are we going to end up with a pair of munchkins?

My guess is that the enchantments are merging, so we're going to end up with all three things (size, appearance, and cat-girl-ness) affecting both of them. Twin catgirls anyone? :)   Also, since Rhoda got bigger and Catalina got smaller, they'll probably end up as some average of the two, and Dan will have some math in his commentary that explains how they end up whatever size they end up. 

My crystal ball is working overtime today. :D

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... actually, that looks like EXACTLY the same place. Which means they didn't get so far ...

The might have been farther, when Catalina first transformed, they were in or near the food court, we don't know for sure how far they went to find dressing rooms that didn't have a lot of traffic nearby, they could have ended up on the second floor and the exit they parked near was on the first floor.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not. Gradual change make sense if the enchantments are linked and are just averaging.

That's the thing, I can understand Rhoda's latest enchantment affecting Catalina because of her being in very close physical contact. I just don't get how the other enchantments would get pulled into the mix since they were done separately and there was no contact between Catalina and Rhoda at the time. And I don't see them averaging either, Rhoda seems to be returning to normal size, Catalina might be returning to normal size as well but it could also be the pocket getting smaller for her.

At the very least I can see Rhoda's energy getting tapped out with 5 active enchantments and 1 or more fading because of it.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The might have been farther, when Catalina first transformed, they were in or near the food court, we don't know for sure how far they went to find dressing rooms that didn't have a lot of traffic nearby, they could have ended up on the second floor and the exit they parked near was on the first floor.

Yes - it's not like they didn't moved at all, it's just they are not moving in the right direction.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That's the thing, I can understand Rhoda's latest enchantment affecting Catalina because of her being in very close physical contact. I just don't get how the other enchantments would get pulled into the mix since they were done separately and there was no contact between Catalina and Rhoda at the time. And I don't see them averaging either, Rhoda seems to be returning to normal size, Catalina might be returning to normal size as well but it could also be the pocket getting smaller for her.

We will likely see on Monday if Catalina got bigger.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

At the very least I can see Rhoda's energy getting tapped out with 5 active enchantments and 1 or more fading because of it.

That would also make sense, but wouldn't match Pandora's description.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Pandora never really finished her statement about it, so we don't know what she meant when she started saying "and now the other enchantments are..." Are they what? Tied to Rhoda's energy pool and she only has the ability to maintain 4 instead of 5?  Is there a maximum number of enchantments a person can have and Rhoda and Catalina's close proximity and their enchantments being linked push past the limit so 1 or 2 enchantments need to go away? This is why I was upset that she didn't finished the sentence.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:
24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Pandora never really finished her statement about it, so we don't know what she meant when she started saying "and now the other enchantments are..." Are they what? Tied to Rhoda's energy pool and she only has the ability to maintain 4 instead of 5?  Is there a maximum number of enchantments a person can have and Rhoda and Catalina's close proximity and their enchantments being linked push past the limit so 1 or 2 enchantments need to go away? This is why I was upset that she didn't finished the sentence.

Something like "connecting as well" or "starts to interact" would IMHO work better as continuation of that sentence.

Note that from story telling standpoint, her not finishing that sentence makes sense only because what we see happening is exactly what she was talking about and we will see what she meant in few strips. Which might unfortunately mean Wednesday or even after that fat-guy-resembling-st.-Nicholas-delivering-gifts-just-after-solstice-is-somehow-making-everyone-think-of-Jesus holiday.

Also, in Moperville high ambient magic area, S-rank talent like Rhoda is likely able to power more "easy" enchantments like those transformations. I mean, only the resizing of Catalina seems to be hard, others seem to be easy because they are not breaking physical laws so much.