• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Friday December 16, 2016

Yes.

Noah has also never met Pandora before AFAIK. This is only the second time that she has appeared to Adrian in fourteen years. We don't know yet if Noah has heard enough of the conversation to learn that Pandora, the visiting Immortal, is Adrian's mother.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

What seems to be coming up is Adrian accusing his mother of manipulating Dex into attacking Elliot. 

That's what I think too, along with putting Noah in danger at the same time. Maybe Noah will bust into the conversation at some point?

"Do not pretend this was for me!"

Pandora is able to rationalize or justify her actions quite well.  But Adrian has no trouble seeing through the lies his mother is telling.  Of course, Pandora's lies to Adrian are only a subset of the lies she tells herself.

Lying to yourself (or as young Jerry put it, "Believing your own hype") seems to be a significant key to Immortal psychology.

But is she lying to herself?  I thought her scene with the Emissary of Magic indicated that the other reasons she gave were more of that sort, and making the world a better place for her son was the *true* reason.

Perhaps Adrian had best be careful of making her question her own motives....if Pandora were to realize she was breaking the rules when she had thought she wasn't, he might find himself with a newly-reset mother to deal with, as well as fixing the magic clog.  And it would truly be a shame for that to happen before Adrian got to learn she wasn't behind the pithos amulet....

I will point out it probably wan't entirely for Adrian (after all good way to kill the tedium) but it was still at least partially so and no all of what is being blamed on her was done by her..

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

But is she lying to herself?  I thought her scene with the Emissary of Magic indicated that the other reasons she gave were more of that sort, and making the world a better place for her son was the *true* reason.

Perhaps Adrian had best be careful of making her question her own motives....if Pandora were to realize she was breaking the rules when she had thought she wasn't, he might find himself with a newly-reset mother to deal with, as well as fixing the magic clog.  And it would truly be a shame for that to happen before Adrian got to learn she wasn't behind the pithos amulet....

The only reason Pandora hasn't reset is because Adrian's still alive. Her statement about putting his life at risk for others sounds harsh, but she clearly doesn't want to see him die the way Blaike did. The "apocalypse" was supposed to be so that Adrian could be able to help others without risking his life, but at the same time it would mean that Pandora still wouldn't have a reason to reset because Adrian would still live, so it is kind of selfish of her.

At the same time though, Adrian probably assumes that there's some other motives for Pandora doing this, because she's done stuff like it in the past, and doesn't believe that she did it for him. He's probably thinking "she's bored again and this is just another one of her games to amuse her."

18 hours ago, Stature said:

Noah is back but now snooping.

Note that Adrian might be aware of it and approve it.

17 hours ago, ijuin said:

Noah has also never met Pandora before AFAIK. This is only the second time that she has appeared to Adrian in fourteen years. We don't know yet if Noah has heard enough of the conversation to learn that Pandora, the visiting Immortal, is Adrian's mother.

Hmmm ... fourteen years ... even if he met Pandora before he wouldn't remember much.

Technically, Raven might already told him about her, but based on their previous conversation, probably didn't.

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

That scene only proved she believes that. It can still be bad idea and not really helping.

However, Raven seems to accuse her she only pretends to him, and I think we can safely say that's not true. If she pretends, she does it well enough to convince herself.

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Even if she wouldn't do it for him it would still be within the rules. She would be in danger of being reset for rule breaking only if he would successfully convinced her that empowering Moperville doesn't count as "empower and guide" - and even then, maybe "I though it was ok when I was doing it" works good enough.

10 hours ago, PSadlon said:

I will point out it probably wan't entirely for Adrian (after all good way to kill the tedium) but it was still at least partially so and no all of what is being blamed on her was done by her..

Arranging to turn your kid's world upside down so that your kid can have more of what YOU decided your kid wants... isn't exactly for your kid (at least, not when your kid is a healthy adult.)

13 hours ago, ijuin said:

Yea, but it's already been established that Pandora is more than a bit crazy after so long without a reset.

So we've been told, repeatedly.  I'm still not convinced she's actually a madwoman.  I can see how older Immortals might tend to do things for which younger individuals cannot understand the reasoning.  That doesn't necessarily mean they are without reason.  And if Voltaire isn't over 200 yet, then he doesn't set a very encouraging bar for sanity.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

And if Voltaire isn't over 200 yet, then he doesn't set a very encouraging bar for sanity.

Just don't let him hear you say that. ;)