• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Monday December 19, 2016

Her methods sure are unorthodox but ethical. Noah "nearly died" since he went to the line of fire (plus the dragon played fireball).

Plus, her plan is (like) introducing electricity to people.

34 minutes ago, Stature said:

Her methods sure are unorthodox but ethical. Noah "nearly died" since he went to the line of fire (plus the dragon played fireball).

Plus, her plan is (like) introducing electricity to people.

Additionally, much of the danger there was due to Voltaire meddling with Dexter after she'd marked him and gone along her merry way.

Pandora's plan isn't the real issue here; it's that Adrian believes his mother was behind Dex summoning that dragon. If Adrian had talked to Sarah, he'd know Pandora would have put a box on the amulet, probably because she knows that few people would connect "Pandora" with an archaic Greek word for a storage jar. Unfortunately, Adrian probably has no idea Sarah exists at all. Noah might know about her from hanging out with Elliot, or maybe by watching his webcast, but won't have any idea she's had contact with Pandora. Noah may have had no idea this woman is Adrian's mother until just now.

It's also possible that the first thing Pandora says in the next installment is "Who's Noah?"

Edited by Tom Sewell
Thought of something else.

Panel Four

Adrian nearly cut through her self deception.  Pandora was almost unable to maintain her rationalizations.

I am thinking that the Immortal retaliation would be overwhelming if Pandora was ever driven to the point where she no longer believed her own hype.  And Voltaire would be there to lead the charge.

11 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I am thinking that the Immortal retaliation would be overwhelming if Pandora was ever driven to the point where she no longer believed her own hype.  And Voltaire would be there to lead the charge.

What's the only thing that gives Pandora pause? Caring for mortals (and puppies). What gives Voltaire pause? Nothing. He's never going to be in danger of not believing his own hype.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Adrian nearly cut through her self deception.  Pandora was almost unable to maintain her rationalizations.

I thought that as more Pandora actually feeling hurt by Adrian's accusation.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

That's a possibility. I like this better than the possibility of her being dangerously close to being auto-reset by other immortals because of this conversation, anyway.

I wonder... Is Noah's expression in the last panel from relisation that this is the immortal Raven was referring to when he said, "we're dealing with a bored, ancient being," or because Raven just basically acknowleged that he considers Noah part of his family? 

Will Adrian reveal the Pithos clue Noah found?

How will Pandora react when she finds out Noah left it in Grace's custody?

If Grace kept it away from Tedd's lab when it wasn't being examined, it is probably safe.

If it was left in the lab, there is a distinct potential for hijinks.  Somehow I am imagining Jeremy getting his paws on the amulet, I just can't figure out how fire summoning hijinks would have happened  without anyone noticing.

Then there is the possibility Edward might have taken the artifact into work.  If so, it is probably now being examined by top men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdjf4lMmiiI

13 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Pandora's plan isn't the real issue here; it's that Adrian believes his mother was behind Dex summoning that dragon. If Adrian had talked to Sarah, he'd know Pandora would have put a box on the amulet, probably because she knows that few people would connect "Pandora" with an archaic Greek word for a storage jar.

She herself may not connect it, even if she researched it.

Unfortunately, Adrian probably has no idea Sarah exists at all. Noah might know about her from hanging out with Elliot, or maybe by watching his webcast, but won't have any idea she's had contact with Pandora. Noah may have had no idea this woman is Adrian's mother until just now.

Not that knowing Sarah would help without talking with her.

It's also possible that the first thing Pandora says in the next installment is "Who's Noah?"

Note that Raven not seeing Pandora for years doesn't mean Pandora not seeing Raven for years. Raven might just assume she knows. And I think she does know.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Her "I'm doing this for family" hype is not related to violation of immortal laws and therefore it's failure can't endanger her. Except, obviously, she can get even more crazy.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Agree. Although hard to say if it's because of what he's saying or because of how angry he is.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If it was left in the lab, there is a distinct potential for hijinks.  Somehow I am imagining Jeremy getting his paws on the amulet, I just can't figure out how fire summoning hijinks would have happened  without anyone noticing.

I don't think Jeremy is suggestible when pumped with power ... also, he is unlikely to have summoning talent.

2 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

While I think Raven is being *slightly* harsher than the deeds warrant... part of that is because Pandora *didn't* cause the Dex thing but Raven thought she did. And she probably does need even more harshness to realize what she's doing.

Considering she already stopped doing it, I'm not so sure she need more harshness ...

On den 20 december 2016 at 0:59 AM, hkmaly said:

I don't think Jeremy is suggestible when pumped with power ... also, he is unlikely to have summoning talent

I don't know. Somehow I can't help thinking Jeremy would look awesome bringing the heat to the dogs of the neighborhood...

But at the same time I have a hard time seeing him have much of a problem with those dogs. Being a abomination of science he's probably the bane of any cat chasing dog, at least in my head canon.