• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
lonjil

Story Wednesday December 21, 2016

Well, "Who's Noah?" wasn't my best prediction.

But, hey, I can only be wrong. So I'm going to suggest that Adrian's last remark might score so much it might make Pandora reset.

I'm also wondering if Pandora could have had anything to do with Abraham creating the Dewitchery Diamond in the first place, since it was supposed to be a werewolf cure.

It might also be the other way around, and the werewolf that killed Blaike was a creation of the Diamond . . . It would give Pandora plenty of reason to want Abraham dead in that case.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

It might also be the other way around, and the werewolf that killed Blaike was a creation of the Diamond . . . It would give Pandora plenty of reason to want Abraham dead in that case.

Possible, but I think it's more likely Pandora would have dealt with Abraham as soon as she found out his part in creating that werewolf, and Blaike was killed kind of a long, long time ago.

On the other hand, if Abraham wasn't connected with Blaike's death, I don't see Pandora having a particular problem with him killing werewolves. In fact, helping Abraham kill monsters seems like something other Immortals would heartily approve of, or at least not disapprove of. And since Abraham was still an apprentice and not a full-fledged mage when he enchanted the Dewitchery Diamond, having Pandora or another Immortal guide and empower him into doing it seems to fit, doesn't it? And we already have proof that not all Immortal plans turn out exactly the as they would have wished.

So either Pandora does know about Noah fighting the dragon, or she's just assuming Noah did something that Adrian's blaming her for. I'm strongly leaning to the latter because if Pandora knew about the dragon and Dex, that would put into question Voltaire's claim of being the one responsible. Of course Adrian made the mistake of not actually saying what Noah got involved in, so Pandora doesn't even know that she has an actual defense for it.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Possible, but I think it's more likely Pandora would have dealt with Abraham as soon as she found out his part in creating that werewolf, and Blaike was killed kind of a long, long time ago.

She might not have been able to get anyone to kill Abraham, it's possible she's made an attempt (or several) and Magus' refusal was just another failed attempt, hence the tantrum.

I think we all expected that Pandora would have gone into a rage over Blaike's death and done whatever she could to kill the werewolf that killed him, killing all the werewolves seems excessive but she likely convinced herself that doing so would prevent others from experiencing what she experienced. Adrian certainly doesn't approve of it.

Just like Susan, Adrian agrees to do the right thing even though he believes he has no obligation to do so.

When will the shouting an posturing lead them to realize that the "evidence" implicating Pandora in the Dojo incident was planted by a third party?

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Relevant detail added

7 hours ago, Stature said:

Also, those angry eyebrows have to be be magic-induced.

Eyebrows that go over the hair are common even in non-magical webcomic worlds.

12 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
13 hours ago, ijuin said:

Actually, I suspect Blaike was killed before Abraham was born. Although we don't have clear timeline on either ...

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

So either Pandora does know about Noah fighting the dragon, or she's just assuming Noah did something that Adrian's blaming her for. I'm strongly leaning to the latter because if Pandora knew about the dragon and Dex, that would put into question Voltaire's claim of being the one responsible. Of course Adrian made the mistake of not actually saying what Noah got involved in, so Pandora doesn't even know that she has an actual defense for it.

Agree, it seems that Pandora is not aware of what Adrian speaks about and just assumes he blames her for that due to that "monster magnet" aspect of high magic area.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think we all expected that Pandora would have gone into a rage over Blaike's death and done whatever she could to kill the werewolf that killed him, killing all the werewolves seems excessive but she likely convinced herself that doing so would prevent others from experiencing what she experienced.

Kevin Uxbridge said:

"I didn't kill just one Husnock, or a hundred, or a thousand... I killed them all... all Husnock... everywhere."

... I see clear similarities :)

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

When will the shouting an posturing lead them to realize that the "evidence" implicating Pandora in the Dojo incident was planted by a third party?

... I start to suspect it never gets to it, that they part way without clearing this ...

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
10 hours ago, Stature said:

Also, those angry eyebrows have to be be magic-induced.

Eyebrows that go over the hair are common even in non-magical webcomic worlds

It will likely be related to hair fairies.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Agree, it seems that Pandora is not aware of what Adrian speaks about and just assumes he blames her for that due to that "monster magnet" aspect of high magic area.

... I start to suspect it never gets to it, that they part way without clearing this ...

I'm still hoping the dragon will come up before Pandora leaves. Perhaps as a follow up to Adrian's comment about his father; "channeling energy through Dex, forcing him into summoning a dragon that attempts to fireball rush hour traffic, and then breath fire into the dojo to kill everyone there - that's not something father would see as a valid method of meeting your goal!"

Otherwise, if Adrian actually meets Sarah and the others he doesn't know, perhaps it will come up in casual conversation. :/

18 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

I'm still hoping the dragon will come up before Pandora leaves. Perhaps as a follow up to Adrian's comment about his father; "channeling energy through Dex, forcing him into summoning a dragon that attempts to fireball rush hour traffic, and then breath fire into the dojo to kill everyone there - that's not something father would see as a valid method of meeting your goal!"

Otherwise, if Adrian actually meets Sarah and the others he doesn't know, perhaps it will come up in casual conversation. :/

Noah is listening in, I wonder if he'll interject before Pandora leaves and mention Dex and the pendant.

To clarify, Pandora hasn't said anything here to suggest that she's claiming responsibility for Dex summoning the fire golems and the dragon. What she has admitted to was giving people marks and that Noah has just been running around getting involved in the stuff that happens. I'm hoping Noah has remembered that someone was guiding Dex through the incident at the dojo and believe that someone couldn't have been Pandora.

43 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It will likely be related to hair fairies.

No, eyebrow fairies. They have a different union.

Sure, but are related. Second cousins or something.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

She might not have been able to get anyone to kill Abraham, it's possible she's made an attempt (or several) and Magus' refusal was just another failed attempt, hence the tantrum.

I think we all expected that Pandora would have gone into a rage over Blaike's death and done whatever she could to kill the werewolf that killed him, killing all the werewolves seems excessive but she likely convinced herself that doing so would prevent others from experiencing what she experienced. Adrian certainly doesn't approve of it.

Hmm, if Pandora's hatred of Abraham went way back, then she might even be responsible for the Diamond seeming to "attract" cursed people--she would have "guided" them to it, in order to trigger Abraham into coming out of his hibernation so that she could take another crack at him.

1 minute ago, ijuin said:

Hmm, if Pandora's hatred of Abraham went way back, then she might even be responsible for the Diamond seeming to "attract" cursed people--she would have "guided" them to it, in order to trigger Abraham into coming out of his hibernation so that she could take another crack at him.

I don't think she'd have done that in the past, but Magus' appearance might have given her the idea.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:
14 hours ago, Scotty said:

Alternatively, her or any other immortal guided them to it just to have fun.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm hoping Noah has remembered that someone was guiding Dex through the incident at the dojo and believe that someone couldn't have been Pandora.

What evidence does Noah have to not blame Pandora for Dex? The main characters got confirmation thanks to Voltaire, but Noah never even met him as far as I'm aware; at most, Noah just saw him in the news report. As of now, Pandora seems to be the prime suspect from his point of view, and this conversation certainty doesn't help matters.

38 minutes ago, TheAmazingKMan said:

What evidence does Noah have to not blame Pandora for Dex? The main characters got confirmation thanks to Voltaire, but Noah never even met him as far as I'm aware; at most, Noah just saw him in the news report. As of now, Pandora seems to be the prime suspect from his point of view, and this conversation certainty doesn't help matters.

It all boils down to perception, and recognizing that Pandora's statements doesn't sound like something that a Immortal who lured Noah away from Justin at school so that he would go to Salty Crackers later for when the Dragon showed up. If that was Pandora's doing, I would have expected her to say "there was that one time that I needed Noah to be there to help Cheerleadra, but any other time was all him" no, the way she was talking about it says that she had no hand in that whole event beyond the initial marking of Dex and heck, that may be in question as well if it was Voltaire that also marked Dex.