• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Political Discussion Thread (READ FIRST POST)

14 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Withering criticism of the administration's handling of the pandemic.

https://imgur.com/a/ZOpxP5A

I have to take issue with calling Trump in the White House an 'Administration'. Yes, I suppose it is technically the correct term, but dammit, doesn't that imply actual administration? Perpetual cluelessness does not an administration make.

9 hours ago, ijuin said:

So, either he’s claiming that the pandemic stretches back to 2016, or else he’s saying that Obama was “in office” after the pandemic started.

Y'know, in his own head, it probably is somehow Obama's fault. To paraphrase J. R. Ewing, "once you toss out reality, everything else is a piece of cake." (or $#17, one or the other)

10 hours ago, ijuin said:

So, either he’s claiming that the pandemic stretches back to 2016, or else he’s saying that Obama was “in office” after the pandemic started.

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Check the date of the tweet.

So this was in reference to the h1n1 swine flu?

Yeah, "W" was not necessarily the most skillful President, nor one whose policies I was a fan of, but he took the job seriously and believed that he was doing what was best for America, rather than what was best for him alone.

29 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Bloody Hell.

Like I said, just what we need now. Need to keep an eye out on the news from Korea to see if they are doing anything else.

Just now, mlooney said:

Like I said, just what we need now. Need to keep an eye out on the news from Korea to see if they are doing anything else.

If they do, we can count on the Bungler-In-Chief to make the situation even worse.

On 5/3/2020 at 5:54 AM, mlooney said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/03/asia/north-korea-gunfire-south-dmz-intl/index.html

This is JUST what we need right now.  I hope it was just a dumb ass private that had bad trigger control and did an accidental discharge, but I fear it wasn't.

Posturing, Body language using the populace as pawns.

On 5/4/2020 at 10:11 AM, The Old Hack said:

Eh, not quite fair. I hate to have to say it, I don't like the man, he was in over his head when things were benign, he's not the man for today by any means, but he did not choose the events; he's responding, I think, rather poorly, putting our lives at risk, but if another Great Depression comes, it actually won't be his fault; if anything, he's doing things to head that off that I consider to be unsafe. OK, maybe costlier in the long run, and maybe that will be on his plate, but he is, at least, taking the economic threat seriously. Not that it will do any good; it's like bailing the boat with a small bucket while the waves are washing in. 

I just hope people remember the depth of his bull$#!% in November.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Posturing, Body language using the populace as pawns.

Just as a note the firing "incident" happened while Kim was missing in action.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Just as a note the firing "incident" happened while Kim was missing in action.

Either, "I'm still tough" or "I'm so bad off I've lost control, and my troops are doing their own thing". The second one could be someone posturing to grab the reins, of merely asserting his loyalty in 'These trying times'. Although I had the impression that most of them would take a shot at their beloved leader if they though they could get away with it. There must be an incredible mechanism of interlocked mutual disadvantage if he ever falls, or he would have already, his whole dynasty. If they ever turn, they are going to go to the other extreme. I don't see the North and South uniting in my lifetime. Too much bad blood. Nothing like Germany.

1 minute ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The stupid, it hurts too much. I couldn't watch it all the way through.

The stingers are my favourite. They invariably show other presidents that did exactly the same thing conservatives lost their shit over a Black man doing.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:48 PM, The Old Hack said:

Thank goodness we have Trump to remind us what a horrible President Obama was

jsphYJs.jpg

I hope he has a nice weekend golfing

I bet they didn't even play on Trump's course either!

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
On 5/23/2020 at 0:48 PM, The Old Hack said:

I hope he has a nice weekend golfing

I bet they didn't even play on Trump's course either!

I would rather he be golfing.  Less chance of doing something dangerous to America at that time.