• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Political Discussion Thread (READ FIRST POST)

This is one of the main bridges into Kherson. Cutting it off puts a fairly large number of Russian troops with out supply and a way out of the attack that the Ukrainians are planing.

Tried and true way to destroy opposing armies. If this succeeds, those Russian troops are screwed.

I have just been informed by an angry online person that I am a RINO. I am not entirely sure how to feel about this. Not only are my political beliefs so far to the left that they would make Bernie side-eye me as a radical, but also I have never been a Republican, much less an American citizen so I could register as one.

Many angry people can really wrap their head around the fact that people don't agree with them on most, but not all, subjects.  So if you disagree on some you are "{Blank} in name only".  i;ve seen it used by both sides.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Seriously though.  Maybe the RINOs should dump the paranoid biggots, and those who manipulate them.  Then form a responsible new party based on fiscal conservatism, defense, and law enforcement.

The unfortunate part for the Republican Party is that it is nigh-impossible to get enough votes to reliably defeat Democrat Party candidates without getting some votes from the MAGA faction, therefore they are compelled to cater to the insanity.

7 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I am an anti-existentialist inverse solipsist. I believe that I am made up but that everything else is real.

Cogito, ergo sum. If you did not exist, then who is having those thoughts?

On 9/10/2022 at 9:22 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

I am Lee Jackson in name only. I don't know what I am otherwise.

On 9/10/2022 at 10:40 AM, The Old Hack said:

I am an anti-existentialist inverse solipsist. I believe that I am made up but that everything else is real.

Chronos Cat is a fictional character; however these days I post more as the creator of that character than as that character themselves. As such, you could say I'm Chronos Cat in name only.

55 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I'm a DINO. Dog in name only. "Rawwwr". Or "Hoomph", as Dina would say.

So, you are saying that you belong to Fred Flintstone?

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

So, you are saying that you belong to Fred Flintstone?

No, because if I were THAT Dino, I could not talk. You may be thinking of Astro or Scoobydoo.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

No, because if I were THAT Dino, I could not talk. You may be thinking of Astro or Scoobydoo.

Astro talks?  Been more than a few years since I watched The Jettsons, so it's possible.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Astro talks?

Astro talks very similar to Scoobydoo; he's like the prototype.

Dino, didn't talk, he barked more or less like a dog. The rarely featured cat that Fred puts out didn't vocalize at all. But most of the appliances (animals) talked, breaking the fourth wall for an aside to complain about their lot in life. They spoke more clearly than Astro and Scooby.

The one that always bugged me was Disney's Pluto, a dog that acted like a dog (more or less) in a universe where animals were all anthropomorphic.

33 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The one that always bugged me was Disney's Pluto, a dog that acted like a dog (more or less) in a universe where animals were all anthropomorphic.

Yeah, Pluto was a bit of an outlier, given that Goofy exists.  Of course they claim that Goofy was a  "Dawg" not a "Dog" so there is that.

On 9/16/2022 at 10:13 AM, Darth Fluffy said:

I'm not well versed in "Disney Funny Animal" "canon", so maybe there are contradictions to this, but I always assumed Micky, Donald, Goofy, etc. were "people that look like animals" while Pluto was an actual dog. (If nothing else, they appear to have went with that idea in the original Duck Tales cartoon; in one early episode the "ducks" and other anthropomorphic characters are all referred to as "human"!)