• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Political Discussion Thread (READ FIRST POST)

43 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Trump 2024

The shame is this is about a relatively minor offense, kind of like how they got Al Capone. No mention of inciting insurrection, years of malfeasance, nor grossly violating national security. I do hope there is more coming. But, effectively, any sentence is close to a life sentence at this point.

What worries me is that no matter how he dies, even if it was a stroke, the nutjobs will scream that it was somehow an assassination (e.g. if he has a stroke, then the “deep state woke people” somehow gave him a drug to cause it), and a sizable fraction of his base will believe such claims.

13 hours ago, ijuin said:

What worries me is that no matter how he dies, even if it was a stroke, the nutjobs will scream that it was somehow an assassination (e.g. if he has a stroke, then the “deep state woke people” somehow gave him a drug to cause it), and a sizable fraction of his base will believe such claims.

The Lizard people did it!

Woke

How (the H377) is that negative term?

The original use in the Afro community was along the lines of 'aware', and 'don't be fooled', or 'don't be naive'.

Synonyms would be Savvy, Cognizant, Aware, or, obviously Awake.

Antonyms would be Asleep, Comatose, Out of it, Delusional, Slumbering, Unconscious.

Which would you rather be? (Granted, being asleep from time to time is appealing and has health advantages; even then it should not be a permanent state of being.)

I guess living in a dream-like fantasy world must have some appeal, an awful lot of folks watch (we are not really) News (not news claim used twice to defend itself in court).

Who knew if you packaged delusional and put a pretty bow around it, you could market it and make some good coin? I guess Trump really is the master artist of the deal (-d +st).

I'll give it this, the G.O.P. that I would not vote for years ago are looking pretty good in contrast. Mitt Romney is kind of a reasonable centrist hero. Dan Quail is dispensing good advice (to Pence, 'don't attempt to overturn the election'). The Cheneys are weighing in on moral and ethical issues (and it cost Liz her seat). 

I think it indicates the depth of the pit the mainstream G.O.P. has dug for themselves, because the cited individuals haven't actually moved nor changed their positions.

(Actually, I take issue with the name G.O.P. This is not Lincoln's party. Lincoln would be ashamed. While he had many positive qualities, his primary concern was preserving the Union, I.e. The United States of America. He presided over a bloody war to put down an insurrection, and he damn well would not encourage one now.)

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Actually, I take issue with the name G.O.P. This is not Lincoln's party.

I don't care for the younger of the US's current two major political parties being the one dubbed "old".

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I don't care for the younger of the US's current two major political parties being the one dubbed "old".

Yeah, but honestly, neither is what they were, even twenty some years ago.

School has conditioned us to think in a paradigm in which a 50% success rate is judged as equal to a zero success rate. However, in real life there are many important pursuits in which the expected success rate is 50% or less. In baseball, a one-season batting average of just 0.367 would be a world-record high. For organized sports competitions in general, the overall number of wins can by definition never exceed the overall number of losses (i.e. every team which is not the victor takes a loss), so the average success rate is below 50% when counted across all participants.

Salespeople can pitch to dozens of people before making a single sale. Likewise, most people will submit numerous job applications for each offer that they get. For all of these endeavors, the basis of comparison is not the 100% success rate of a written exam, but the zero success rate of not even trying.

The kids aren't even in it! - If you never read Family Circle, you may not get why this is funny. The characters from the comic are spot on.

I guess 'Woke' is the new "Antifa'. I think most sane folks are Antifa, as opposed to Profa. Yet Profas seem to garner enough influence to control much of the world.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The kids aren't even in it! - If you never read Family Circle, you may not get why this is funny. The characters from the comic are spot on.

For the uninitiated, the kids, when asked who did something (made a mess, broke a rule, etc.), would say “not me”, and the artist would portray a phantom character labeled with the name “Not Me”.

Reference with explanation

23 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It's easy to tell AI text from standard human generated text.  AI text is 100% grammatically correct with no spelling errors.  Plus has at least one factual error that seems right, but on investigation is false. 

On 3/27/2023 at 1:29 PM, Don Edwards said:

And the other day I read something about a post-apoplectic movie...

The calm after the storm, or the eye of the storm?